RC4 install quartz.dll (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
i tried installing RC4 on my htpc last night but had a problem. when MP tried loading up, the splash screen stopped at 'initialising DirectX', and said that my quartz.dll file was too buggy. when clicking cancel though, MP starts as normal.

i dont have an internet connection at home, and therefore my pc is still on board the servive pack 2 train, can someone please confirm that this is where my problem is (and that i need to upgrade to SP3 to solve the issue).

im also having problems with installing TV engine. When i try and configure MySQL, i cant get any further than the initial test screen, it just tells me 'connection succesful', but i dont know what to do after that. is this also a symptom of not having SP3?

i miss the old MP, was much simpler to install for me without an internet connection :(

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i tried installing RC4 on my htpc last night but had a problem. when MP tried loading up, the splash screen stopped at 'initialising DirectX', and said that my quartz.dll file was too buggy. when clicking cancel though, MP starts as normal.

About quartz.dll:
    GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Manual Documentation)
    so yes, it is included in SP3

i dont have an internet connection at home, and therefore my pc is still on board the servive pack 2 train, can someone please confirm that this is where my problem is (and that i need to upgrade to SP3 to solve the issue).

Why not download a sp3 image from another pc
    and install it on your machine ;)

im also having problems with installing TV engine. When i try and configure MySQL, i cant get any further than the initial test screen, it just tells me 'connection succesful', but i dont know what to do after that. is this also a symptom of not having SP3?

Did you press only "test" or "save" as well ?

i miss the old MP, was much simpler to install for me without an internet connection :(

In contrast to the "old" MP, the "new" MP installer has actually an extra option for offline installations.
    Besides things were made a lot easier for the enduser (DB setup, installation/donwload of requirements).

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Why not download a sp3 image from another pc
    and install it on your machine ;)

Did you press only "test" or "save" as well ?

thanks for the reply. yes im going to download SP3 today at work and install it at home. hopefully that will sort out the issues, just wanted to see if anyone knew if this was a SP2 issue.

yes, i pressed 'test' and 'save', it wouldnt go onto the next screen after this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom