RC4 installation / skin peculiarities

Discussion in 'Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI)' started by rsbrux, November 30, 2008.

1. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    During installation of RC4 over RC3, I got an unhandeled exception, even though the installer claimed to be uninstalling RC3 first. At this point I terminated the installation to see if TV Server was still running. It appeared to have been completely, so I executed the RC4 installation again. It appeared to complete successfully, but if I try t start MP with BlueTwo wide, it complains that the skin is down-rev.
    BTW, the complaint/warning dialog is very annoying, because it gives no option to abort the MP startup.
    There is<one button in the dialog.
    If I click it, MP starts immediately with the (preesumably bad) skin selection.
    If I don't, it starts automatically in 15 seconds with the down-rev skin.
    Please either:
    1. Add a second button (default) to cancel starting MP, or
    2. Use the one exeisting button to cancel start-up.
    After all, anyone who wants to proceed with start-up can just wait for the countdown to complete!

Attached Files:

• RC4install.jpg
      RC4install.jpg
      File size:
      261.8 KB
      Uploaded:
      November 30, 2008
      Views:
    • RC4skins.jpg
      RC4skins.jpg
      File size:
      60.2 KB
      Uploaded:
      November 30, 2008
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Paranoid Delusion
    • Team MediaPortal

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    The first part chemelli has now fixed, so that will not happen, the second is a bit tougher as the Blue2 skins are not being updated by team-mediaportal, just to much work involved maintaining multiple skins, so these will eventually have there own space in the skins forum for users to update themselves if they wish to, that's why they are no longer included in the MP installation.

Regards

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!