RC4 installation / skin peculiarities (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    During installation of RC4 over RC3, I got an unhandeled exception, even though the installer claimed to be uninstalling RC3 first. At this point I terminated the installation to see if TV Server was still running. It appeared to have been completely, so I executed the RC4 installation again. It appeared to complete successfully, but if I try t start MP with BlueTwo wide, it complains that the skin is down-rev.
    BTW, the complaint/warning dialog is very annoying, because it gives no option to abort the MP startup.
    There is<one button in the dialog.
    If I click it, MP starts immediately with the (preesumably bad) skin selection.
    If I don't, it starts automatically in 15 seconds with the down-rev skin.
    Please either:
    1. Add a second button (default) to cancel starting MP, or
    2. Use the one exeisting button to cancel start-up.
    After all, anyone who wants to proceed with start-up can just wait for the countdown to complete!

Attachments

• RC4install.jpg
      RC4install.jpg
      261.8 KB
    • RC4skins.jpg
      RC4skins.jpg
      60.2 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    During installation of RC4 over RC3, I got an unhandeled exception, even though the installer claimed to be uninstalling RC3 first. At this point I terminated the installation to see if TV Server was still running. It appeared to have been completely, so I executed the RC4 installation again. It appeared to complete successfully, but if I try t start MP with BlueTwo wide, it complains that the skin is down-rev.

The first part chemelli has now fixed, so that will not happen, the second is a bit tougher as the Blue2 skins are not being updated by team-mediaportal, just to much work involved maintaining multiple skins, so these will eventually have there own space in the skins forum for users to update themselves if they wish to, that's why they are no longer included in the MP installation.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom