RC4: new recording problem (1hr23min only plays 12min) (1 Viewer)

robby3

Portal Pro
April 9, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
TV-Server Version: RC4
MediaPortal Version: RC2 and RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Blue
Windows Version: Vista64
CPU Type: AMD 4450e
HDD: Seagate 7200.80
Memory: 2GB DDR800, CL5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: ATI HD3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.9
Sound Card: Realtek
Sound Card AC3: HDMI
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage 4000 S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppage NOVA S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: Hauppage NOVA S2
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC19
Cooling: none
Power Supply: external
Remote: HP USB IR Remote
TV: Philips Cineos LCD 52"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Last evening we were recording a TV series while watching it (about 5 mins after it started). We then switched off the client and went to the bedroom where we switched on the other client to watch the recorded episode. Well, it worked but only for 12min 08 sec. I have tried to go live since the episode was not yet finished and the client showed that it's recording on that channel. But I was not able to tune to that channel at all with various errors: timeshift cold not start, no video card available (I do have three cards and all work without any problems) and also no error description, just the blue dialog box. After the end of the episode MP shows 1hr and 23mins for the recorded episode but when playing it the content is only 12:08 long :( Also I'm not getting any error when playing it.

This happend now the third time and unfortunately I'm not able to replicate the behaviour. It just happend once a day so far on any channel with only one channel recording or a few. Also I scheduled a recording last friday and even it said that it's 48mins long there was only 8 secs recorded. In fact this is very annoying and my wife almost killed me yesterday. Needless to say that this must be fixed damn soon ;)

What log file may help to analyse the problem? I will not delete the episode and maybe it helps to analyse it somehow. Please let me know how what else you need from me to analyse the problem.

Thx,
Rob

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Check what TsWriter.log contains for the time when recording should have happened. I would assume its some issue with timestamps.

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I did a search in the TsWriter.Log and copied the part with the "Columbo" recording to the attached file. The recorder is set at 07-12-2008 22:53:42.234 and stops at 08-12-2008 00:10:00.224. MP says it is 01:16 (hours) long. Starting the replay is fine but when skipping the End time says 12:40 (minutes). In the log I don't see anything that may explain this behaviour. One thing to mention is that I watched the Colunbo series live and then started recording with record now in the menu. But I had the problem already with an EPG schedule.

Please note that in the log there are other recordings too that went fine without any problem during that time.

Thanks in advance
    -Rob

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Another thing to mention I noticed today. I wanted to tune onto a channel while it is recording. I've got a blank screen and MP crashed. On the server I found the log file attached. Somehow I feel a link between this error and the behaviour as I was watching (and therefore timeshifting) the same channel as I was recording.

- Rob

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Can I see the complete serverside logs ?

/gibman

Another thing to mention I noticed today. I wanted to tune onto a channel while it is recording. I've got a blank screen and MP crashed. On the server I found the log file attached. Somehow I feel a link between this error and the behaviour as I was watching (and therefore timeshifting) the same channel as I was recording.

- Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom