[confirm] RC4 SVN (25965) TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo is still slow (recording screen) (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

Programs that are repeated very often like let's say daily 4 times. Are taking up to 3 minutes on my system to show the TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo screen.

Complete logs in Post #3.

Stefan

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: RC4 SVN (25965) TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo is still slow (recording screen)

Hi elliottmc,

as mentioned in the topic i'm using SVN 25965 which is after the fix - that is why i wanted to point this out again.

Attached you'll find full logs - simply viewing the programinfo recording screen which takes up to 3 minutes.

EDIT:
    - the show is running on about 8 channels daily every day - so this seems related to the mass of available alternatives
    - but CPU usage on client and server is really low while waiting

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    How many schedules do you have setup?

The fix there was removing a loop over all schedules which in turn was looping over all schedules again. There was some other similar code to set the recording pins.

If you delete all your schedules does it speed things up?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I've about 21 recordings. How can i safely remove them without loosing them? Is the loop still needed? As far as i can remember gemx introduced some code which flags the programs in epg directly.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: RC4 SVN (25965) TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo is still slow (recording screen)

I've about 21 recordings. How can i safely remove them without loosing them? Is the loop still needed? As far as i can remember gemx introduced some code which flags the programs in epg directly.

Schedules not recordings. You can export/import these

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

sorry i also meant schedules - will try your suggestions later this evening.

you're right if i delete my 21 schedules it's fast like hell! But i think 21 schedules isn't so much isn't it?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Any idea where to look into code? sadly i don't know how to debug the tvplugin dll

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: RC4 SVN (25965) TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo is still slow (recording screen)

sorry i also meant schedules - will try your suggestions later this evening.

you're right if i delete my 21 schedules it's fast like hell! But i think 21 schedules isn't so much isn't it?

Any idea where to look into code? sadly i don't know how to debug the tvplugin dll

Agreed but when I looked through the code it was pretty messy and involved and I was struggling to figure out what code was needed and what wasn't

IIRC the delay is the multiple calls to IsRecordingProgram in PopulateListViewWithUpcomingEpisodes method in TVProgramInfo.cs. I have a feeling this builds up a list of upcoming epidoes from guide as well as a list of scheduled recordings; it then combines the two lists and itterates over each entry calling IsRecordingProgram. That method then loops over all schedules to build up a list of what is going to be recorded and tries to establish whether the episode it is looking for is in that list. It does this for each episode....

The original loop was to set the IsSeries variable and that called the IsRecordingProgram method for every schedule so actually itterated over every schedule within a loop itterating over every schedule:mad: The outer loop was removed but the next part (which is slow as you have seen) is looking far more complicated to fix without a complete rewrite

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Mhm but is this still needed? Isn't the IsRecordingProgram now set / flagged in the program database?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom