Re-enable website pin code? (1 Viewer)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is it possible to re-enable the Pin code entry with out exiting MP?

For example, I don't want my kids to have access to ********, but I do want access to it. I enable the pin code for ******** in the config. when I go into MP, no ******** shows up, that is great. I unlock the sites with the pin code, they do show up, that is great. After watching videos, I would like to be able to re-enable to pin code and not have those sites show up again. Can't figure that one out.

any help or thoughts?

thanks

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you "exit" OnlineVideos once (default previous menu key is ESC) meaning going to the home screen again, it should disable those sites again so you have to enter the pin again when going to Onlinevideos the next time.

steve42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Ettlingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you "exit" OnlineVideos once (default previous menu key is ESC) meaning going to the home screen again, it should disable those sites again so you have to enter the pin again when going to Onlinevideos the next time.

This is the expected behaviour but unfortunately it doesnt work like this, but to my suprise reopening online video screen leads to site last visited. And it was of course not one of these sites that my children should stumble upon.

So what's going wrong?

steve

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When testing this, I get back to the list of site upon re-entering OnlineVideos.
    As more users have reported this non-working and others reported it working, there must be something inside MediaPortal (I think) that prevents it to work on your installation.

Can you give me a detailed description of your MediaPortal Setup? (exact Version and all installed plugins, skin you are using). I would like to fix this, but can only do so if I can reproduce this on my dev pc.

steve42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Ettlingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'am using MP 1.1.0 Beta + SVN Build around 05.02.2010 (not sure about the exact build date) and the problem occurs with blue3 skin.

But I dont think it relates to the skin? And there is no difference between leaving online videos by pressing "back" or "home". At what point in the control flow do you switch to "reset pin". I think this should be done in OnPageDestroy when ever next page does not belong to online videos.

steve

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you test the attached dll (and pls also replace your Onlinevideosites.xml) to confirm that this is working now?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for testing, I'll see this as fixed then with 0.18. (Maybe someone else with the same problem can test the attached files and confirm?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom