[Info] Read this before reporting any TV Issues (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A new experimental feature is currently enabled in 1.2 beta that changes the way MP interacts with TV cards.
    TV Servers - MediaPortal Wiki
    This may however not work with all cards. It is currently set to pause to enable use to get some idea of how well this works and what problems it may cause. In RC this will be set back to stop.

Before you report an issue with TV server can you please try changing this setting from pause to stop.

If you still get the problem please continue and provide full logs

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just a question, what sort of problems would you expect to be caused by this? Stuttering/Dropped frames or issues with actually seeing a channel?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The things we've seen vary from tuner to tuner. It can be things like channel scanning not picking up channels or encrypted channels not being decrypted. Some people have reported BSODs...

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    This dont work on PCTV 4000i.. Just gives PMT error.. This should be off unless mediaportal know it works with that card.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This dont work on PCTV 4000i.. Just gives PMT error.. This should be off unless mediaportal know it works with that card.

This may however not work with all cards. It is currently set to pause to enable use to get some idea of how well this works and what problems it may cause. In RC this will be set back to stop.

;)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    FYI I was having an issue with my ATi HDTV-Wonder card on my Win 7 machine... after reading this I had to use the STOP mode for the card and all is well again. FTR the PAUSE works on my system for both my Hauppauge 1600 and my AVerMedia Duet.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the tip. Since upgrading to 1.2, I was not able to skip 30 seconds forward or backward, or play faster. Changing from pause to stop corrected it. Also, changing channel was working but it would take 5 seconds playing the old channel before changing.

Hauppage PVR-USB2 here and Windows 7 with client and server configuration.

The only thing left is the menu buttons that is not showing when in fullscreen TV, but I can live with it.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys, my system had issues with this setting - recordings didn't start, recording icon was flashing on/off and ?only? way to get around it was to reboot, until it occurred again.

TV card: Hauppauge PVR350, driver 1.18.21.23257 - 14/09/2005

Changing it to stop solved it.

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi guys, my system had issues with this setting - recordings didn't start, recording icon was flashing on/off and ?only? way to get around it was to reboot, until it occurred again.

TV card: Hauppauge PVR350, driver 1.18.21.23257 - 14/09/2005

Changing it to stop solved it.

I have that problem almost everyday and triggered when idling after a few hours. The PC is always on and I never use Standby/hibernation.
    One or both of my tuners just stop working and I receive a "no free Tuner available" (or something like that) if I try to view Live TV, even when there is nothing currently being recorded.

You don't need to reboot the PC to fix it, just go into the TV-Server Configuration, then into Manual Control, then Stop and Start the Service.

I wander if this pause feature is causing it. I'll change the setting and see how I go...

(Hauppauge Nova-TD USB with latest driver 29094, 1.2.0Beta, XP SP3, single seat)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Would this feature setting cause the tuner NOT to stop sending when Stopping live TV. I have a pair of HDHomeruns and after watching TV and stopping, then going on to something else, one tuner has a tuner active indicator light "on" and my router shows that it is communicating with the TV-Server, but nothing is being played or recorded.

Should I look into it more deeply as a possible bug?

Thanks,

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom