Ready for .net framework 3?? (1 Viewer)

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is media portal ready to be used in the new frame work .net 3? and what are the possibilities of the future animations using the new framework?

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Its ready to be used in that its fully compatible. This is because .NET FX3, is really just .NET FX2 + WPF + WCF + Windows CardSpace + Windows Workflow components.

The MP devs are planning on using WPF later for the interface, but that's on the backburner at the moment while the TV Engine is being done.

Sam

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I don't know what we can expect from MediaPortal, but here are some things that you can do with WPF.
Basically it's easier to do scalable graphics and have videos and stuff projected on surfaces. To have a skin in MediaPortal where menu items are actually videos that are changed in size and rotation should be fairly easy to do.
Here are some examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tKj_zscwNE

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The video of the clothes and stuff is like something out of minority report or something!!

Really cool and futuristic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I can't believe I missed the new feature, pixel shaders. :) Thankyou guys for all your work (y)
I can't believe I missed the new feature, pixel shaders. :) Thankyou guys for all your work (y)
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Maybe they only show the bits information for the x64 version and no bits information for the 32-bit version?
Maybe they only show the bits information for the x64 version and no bits information for the 32-bit version?
We have just released MediaPortal 1.34 - Dune x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5201] - Fix MPC-HC...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under Team Media Portal in PF X86. The net 4 version, as I indicated, is the one I installed. Or tried to. For completeness, I deleted the (empty) folder & the Team Media Portal folder (otherwise empty), and...
Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under...
1. Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL Click "media portal 2", goes to this github link, which is a 404. 2. Downloaded the...
Replies
Views
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom