REAL comprehensive list of plugins? (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
Is there one?

I seen the wiki page and I've seen the downloads page, but I think there are plugins missing from both. Am I right?

Even in this forum, since plugin threads don't get sticky, many get lost I think.

It would be better if they get their own "subfolder" for people to discuss about them, wouldn't it? Or maybe "subfolders" for major plugins and a sticky thread for each of the others.

This way we will know what plugins are there to test (and help and get help). What do you people think?

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
no explanations, nothing...

I prefer some real list or sticky threads so that people can REALLY read about a plugin.

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    NLS said:
    no explanations, nothing...

I prefer some real list or sticky threads so that people can REALLY read about a plugin.

Most names of the plugins are kind of self explanatory. With the list you can always do a search in the forums for the ones you are interested in and read in the thread about the plugin. Also there is a short description of each plugin in the download section.

If that is not enough feel free to start working on this by starting a thread like the one with the list or include it that thread and/or in the wiki.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Where that info should be located is in the download plugin page. Period. What is required is to upload the information for each plugin, that is not there, onto that web page. I have a spreadsheet (I haven't updated it in about a month) that contains most (if not all) the plugins, but what is also needed is screenshots (using the standard BlueTwo skin) to be included with each plugin so users can get an idea also. But I see a general problem - the thumbnails that are used are way too small. What should happen is clicking on the thumbnail is to bring up a larger (maybe 200x150 pixel size) image to get a better idea than what the blurry thumbnail doesn't show, instead of linking to download the plugin - after all there is an icon to get the actual download.

Basically what is required is some people(s) time and effort to load this info into the download plugin page, that is where it should be. Then maybe someone could work with the administrator of this web page to get a better image linking system (I've seen javascript kick off a bigger window - that is all that is needed) plus images (thumbnail and large predefined size) and text for each plugin. Anyone can add plugin info to that web page do it, it doesn't need to be the author!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom