Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I find that MyTrailers is really laggy, my log gets filled with this:

2010-02-28 23:18:33.740134 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: download failed:Fjernserveren returnerede en fejl: (404) Ikke fundet.
    2010-02-28 23:18:33.740134 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: TextureManager: texture: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTemp1.gif does not exist
    2010-02-28 23:20:31.501869 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: download failed:Fjernserveren returnerede en fejl: (404) Ikke fundet.
    2010-02-28 23:20:31.501869 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: TextureManager: texture: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTemp1.gif does not exist
    2010-02-28 23:20:31.910893 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: download failed:Fjernserveren returnerede en fejl: (404) Ikke fundet.
    2010-02-28 23:20:31.910893 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: TextureManager: texture: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTemp2.gif does not exist

Is this a know issue or my config?

It takes 5-6 seconds to move up/down in the trailer-list (after choosing category). Choosing the catagory itself takes 20 seconds or more.

I just installed the latest version (from today) but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.

:D

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i did not change anything in that section it has always been "slow". What you are describing sounds like how it was before this small fix. Did you download the latest installer? because the early installer placed the new dll in the wrong folder :/

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i did not change anything in that section it has always been "slow". What you are describing sounds like how it was before this small fix. Did you download the latest installer? because the early installer placed the new dll in the wrong folder :/

Maybe I just didn't notice it before, but it just feels like it has gotten slower lately. The plugin is placed in the Windows-dir (always has been for me) and the content itself is fine (trailers show, play etc.).

I'll doublecheck the version!

:D

[edit]I redownloaded the latest installer and now it works just fine, but I didn't have a plugin in the plugins/ folder, bit weird, but hey I'm happy now :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok nice to hear!

There's still a slowdown because everything is loaded from the internet (including images) there are plans to change this but this will be done in a totally revised version of this plugin. Will fix gametrailers and add search probably in the coming days. I will keep supporting the current 2.x plugin so that it just works but all the real improvements will go into the rewrite which will either be totally renamed or called 2.5 / 3.x.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In my case the plugin is almost non responsive, but I can reproduce it. Some trailers don't have a selectable item (if you no what I mean). For instance, when I click "Defendor" which is the top one as I'm typing this, it doesn't show a trailer or movie clip to select. Tried it with 2.0.4 and 2.0.3 with MP 1.1.0 RC1 and multiple skins inc b3w. After doing that, the plugin doesn't work anymore, the rest of mediaportal stays fine. As long as I click titles which contain trailers (after.life, the last airbender for instance) the plugin works fine.

Hope I'm making sense and that it's usefull. My Trailers is one of my favorite plugins, but now I can't really use it because when it stops responding, I need to close down mp althogether to get it working again.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just discovered the "Defendor" problem myself.. and it's a combination of missing data from apple and an unhandled exception from my part.. I will release a 2.0.5 tomorrow where the exception is handled (and the plugin stays responsive) but i can't garantee that i will have trailer for movies like Defendor as the "source" page is not there for some odd reason.

edit: they fixed defendor ;)

edit (2): and 2.0.5 is available for download :)

pcjunk

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hey all i try to download the latest version but when i try run the mpi installer i get the message invalid package
    please help..

or a fix for navigating going slow

pcjunk

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hoi sorry moet even in het nederlands mijn engels is niet zo best
    maar ik heb het zelfde probleem
    ik heb wel gemerkt dat het tot pagina 3 is dan vanaf pagina 4 scrolt hij weer normaal zoals het hoort
    met de muis werkt het niet zo lekker maar met de pijltjes van het toetsenbord wel
    wanneer je van beneden naar boven scrolt met het toetsenbord merk je ook dat hij blijft hangen bij pagina 3
    ik hoop dat iemand hier wat aan heeft en snel een fix voor maakt ik gebruik deze plugin vaak

pcjunk

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hey i have update to the latest version and everything is working again thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom