realmagic xcard remote (1 Viewer)

dregel

February 1, 2008
hi,

i'm blessed with an old Sigma realmagic xcard. Is there a way of getting the ir-reciever and remote working with Mp?

Since i'm totally new to Mp i've been searching around and trying things but without luck.

Moelito

Portal Member
September 17, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Xcard remote key-mappings

Hi
got the Xcard remote to work with serial uir but I don't think it is very useful. In the serial UIR settings there is a lot of key-mappings and you can't assign one button on the remote to more than one command, like assign the skip next button to NEXT_CHAPTER and NEXT_PICTURE...

Is there any way to get the layer functionality with serial UIR (like for other supported remotes, e.g. if in mediaportal view Picture assign skip next to next picture and if in view DVD assign skip next to next chapter)?

Any one know or have any suggestion of how to make the Xcard remote to work on a way that's is useful?

Otherwise I guess I still will have to use TVedia or buy another IR-receiver (have a harmony remote).

Regards
Moelito

Ian T.

Portal Member
June 3, 2007
Home Country
England England
Hi guys,
Sorry for jumping in on your thread.

I've just come across this thread and its brought up an old thought of mine.
When I first set about building a HTPC, I wanted the best signal path between the PC and screen.
I have a SDI modded DVD player and I bought an Xcard & SDI output sister card for the PC.

I was told that GB-PVR could use the Xcard as an output but when I loaded it, it just wouldn't work, their forum had stopped supporting the card and all previous versions of the software that I got hold of didn't allow the Xcard to work.

I had not thought that MediaPortal could use the Xcard, am I wrong?
Have any of you got video coming out of an Xcard via MediaPortal.

If not then they are going on ebay since they have been in their boxes for 18 months without use.

Ian T.

Bascombe

Portal Member
July 19, 2005
You can get video out from mediaportal by specifying the use of the sigma decoder in setup, but you cant see any osd, which makes it a bit useless. GBPVR does work with the xcard, I went through all of the most recent versions a while back and the last one which allowed it to be specified as an output was 1.1.5. There isnt a dedicated xcard skin tho, so you're stuck with one of the existing skins (using full colour) which makes for a very slow gui, or one with a 256bit osd, which looks pretty ugly. Using the community skin plugin, you can, however, specify the colour and style of pretty much every item on the gui,so you might be able to get something you're happy with.

My hope had been to move from using tvedia 3.5 to gbpvr, in order to get dual dvb-t support, however, while tv worked fine, dvd playback seemed a bit flaky, and playback of video files was also a bit hit or miss. I was installing it on a mess of a system, so I remain curious as to how workable it would be if you started with a fresh install of everything. It definitely had alot going for it in terms of the tv support. Further experimentation will have to wait for quite a while - the htpc got moved into a dedicated case recently, and in order to keep the gf happy I settled on the system I knew worked, for all its limitations - tvedia 3.5.

I'd persevere with gbpvr a bit if I were you. I still think the xcard is a great piece of hardware, thats suffered from a mystifying lack of support within the htpc community.

Cheers,

Bascombe

ps. there are still a few xcard users lurking around the gbpvr forums, so if you've got questions it might be worth while posting there. If you've got any questions here, I'll try and help out.

Users who are viewing this thread