Rearrange Music "Now Playing" Screen (1 Viewer)

Tesla

Portal Pro
January 30, 2009
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I posted this in my Skin's forum, but I never got an answer. Maybe this is the correct area to post this instead?

When playing music, I select the first MP3 in the folder that contains all the tracks for an album or CD. It will continue playing the next tracks which is good. I then switch it to the "Now Playing" screen (to sit back, relax, and listen to some tunes).

On this screen, there seems to be a lot of wasted space. Would it be possible to move the Visualization animation to the largest screen area (where the picture of the woman in now). Then, make the CD/Album cover art appear where the Visualization was (therefore, making it larger).

Any help on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. If there is no plugin to help and this will require manually reprogramming a layout file, well ... I just need to know if that is the case or not.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Which skin are you using?
    On Now Playing there is no picture of a woman.
    The largest space on this screen, talking about the default skin B3, is taken by the album Cover.
    Seems that is what you want. Right?

But you have always the possibility to rearrange the elements and change them in size, by changing the xml file.
    This is what skin authors do.

Tesla

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am running StreamedMP v1.2.1.1553.

There is definitely a woman/cheerleader pic on 3/4 of the screen (I think this might be a default FanArt image).
    The Visualization takes the next largest piece, and the album cover art is the smallest of the three.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I just play the files from folders (there is no music database setup). Works really good.

Thanks for the tip on the XML file. I will try to find the right one and see if I can make a change.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    If you want the visualization larger, you can press the "red button" or X on the keyboard to make it full screen. Now Playing in this skin is more about enjoying the fan art. If you are getting the stock default picture (girl) for most of your music, it means that you don't have any fan art for that artist. This is either that there is none available or that your ID3 tags don't agree with what htbackdrops.com calls the artist. HTH. Also, try a different view from folder view. I think that some features don't work in this view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom