Rebuilding the recording table? (1 Viewer)

massacre

Portal Member
September 6, 2007
Hi there, I have been using Media Portal for about 2 months and recently decided to take the plunge for RC2. I'm using the latest MP SVN and TV Server engine as of 10/7/07. The only real problem I have is that the "upgrade" (read: uninstall and install new versions) wiped out my database. I remember seeing a quick flash of a pop-up window when I was typing in another window and I believe I must have agreed to it wiping out my database. When I rebuilt all of my guide and recording table info was gone.

So, to my question - my recorded TV shows are still there. The file names are the same as the new ones I'll be recording. I'm resigned to manually recreating my recording schedule (it needed trimming anyway), but I'd really like to have my recorded shows back. Does anyone have a utility or a handy script for recreating the recording table information? I can probably manually do this, but I'm hoping something exists already.

Before you ask - I didn't think to backup my database. This is all fairly experimental and I didn't even consider adding it to my backup list. :( Obviously that will be changing. :)

Thanks,
Tom

I have no idea how I missed the thread already in progress... sorry! https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/importing_recordings-t29198.html

mumin

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
As a workaround:
move the shows to the folder where your movies reside. Then reinit the movie db from setuptv.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom