Receiving Mounting Error but video still plays (1 Viewer)

KeyMix

Portal Member
April 28, 2009
Dallas, GA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Team,

I am hoping someone may be able to give me some help. I am almost 100% on getting everything running extremly well with latest SVNs of MediaPortal, Movining Pic and StreamedMP, but have a small issue I can't resolve.

My specs are updated to reference as needed, but here's a quick summary for reference

Win XP MCE 2005 ver ( latest updates)
Current SVN of MediaPortal ( 11/30/09 - 1.04.24281)
Current Version of StreamedMP ( 0.9.601)
Current Version of Moving Pictures ( 0.7.5.681)
PowerDVD 7.3 ( version 7.3.5711.0)
Virtual Clone Drive ( latest version)
AnyDVD HD ( latest version - 6.6.0.7)
I have all my HD DVD's and Blue Ray's as ISO's.

When using Moving Pictures to play a Blue Ray or HD DVD, I get the "Error: Sorry, Failed Mounting Image" dialog box ( see attached image) however, PowerDVD does indeed continue thru it's autoplay of an .ISO being mounted. The error seems to sometimes cause a focus issue ( PowerDVD on top and Moving Pictures never minimizes). I am able to alt tab when focus fails ( 2 out 10 times normally) and can watch the movie. When I stop PowerDVD and close it, Moving Pictures gains focus with the error dialog box open. I've noticed that one of the other problems this causes is when I am controlling PowerDVD via the MCE remote, you can hear MediaPortals click sound when I am pressing buttons cause it never minimizes.

I've tried several things. I've tried to use the Advanced Setup in Moving Pictures and set the External Player for BD/HD DVD for PowerDVD as shown in WIKI and I've set it for false. I've tried using Dameon Tools v/s Virtual Clone Drive. No effect either way. Same error message.

Please advise if anyone may know the cause or what I can do to fix it. If I can get this resolved I showed be a pretty happy HTPC advocate.

Also, Can Moving Picts play .ISO internally without needing PowerDVD?

Attachments

• Mounting Image Error.JPG
    Mounting Image Error.JPG
    117.2 KB

KeyMix

Portal Member
April 28, 2009
Dallas, GA
Home Country
Thanks for the info.

The issue you linked states about freezing. Just to clarify my ISO plays everytime. Focus is the intermitent issue and the error message always pops up. I just tried my wife's laptop from the same server and it doesn't give that error and I am able to make the ISO BlueRays play within MediaPortal's player using Moving Pictures??:confused:. Laptop has vista.

When you say star the issues, do you mean my post or the post you linked to?

:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
In the post I linked to on Google Code you can star the issue by clicking the star at the top of the page. This acts as a voting system and a notification system. It lets us know how many people care about it, and it lets you know when updates are made about it.

And thanks for the additional feedback.

KeyMix

Portal Member
April 28, 2009
Dallas, GA
Home Country
Yes. Drive Letters match. Image is still mounted and plays. The issue is the Error Message keeps the MediaPortal program from minimizing to the tray. The new patch did NOT fix this problem and seems to be different. What I don't know is if it something I have locally setup wrong. I can do a clean format ( which I have :( ) and I still get the message.

I REALLY need help getting this resolved... still.. Google Code Post thing from FFORDE didn't really address the issue I was having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom