Reclock error message (1 Viewer)

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
i've just installed reclock audio renderer... works great! as long as i don't try to start a video in fullscreen mode... then i get a error message that my graphics-adapter isn't supported or something like that =S when i run a video in window-mode, there's no problem...

im running MP at vista business with a HD3870 graphics card!

anyone have a clue?

just about to move back to MP from MCE (i used MP about a year ago, but decided to get MCE a try)... i can only say one thing... WOW! MP has taken some great steps forward in stability and veeery many small details has been polished to run like a dream =)

keep up the good work =D=D=D

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi koktgrus,

We have had some problems with reclock over the years. If you look at your log file, it will have a line about reclock being installed just so I know where the problem likely is :D. On vista, the audio renderers are (supposedly) of a much higher quality than XP, and I fixed a bunch of problems related to A/V synch about 10 months ago, so you shouldn't need reclock.

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    but it's the only way to get smooth picture with a 24 fps-movie on a 50 Hz TV... any other ideas? =)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tell reclock to use directshow instead of directx to detect clock... or you can disable VMR9 exclusive mode under mediaporta configuration.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Reclock just don't work on Vista sadly. I'm going back to XP for 24fps. You can get it to run, but not to change playback speed.

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    the 1.7 beta 4 worked fine as long as i didn't watch the movie at full screen.... i'll try to change to change to the directshow-option!

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    the 1.7 beta 4 worked fine as long as i didn't watch the movie at full screen.... i'll try to change to change to the directshow-option!

That would qualify as 'non' working for me.

Even in windowed mode I couldn't get it to see the actual video stream in EVR or VMR9, hence all it was doing was resyncronising Have you seen reclock actually correct 23.97fps to 24fps?

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i've only tried to speed up 24 fps to 25 fps... worked great in windowmode!

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To get Reclock work in fullscreen you need to disable the VMR9-exclusive mode in MPV and enable "Vsync correction for VMR9" in reclock.
    If u change D3D to DDR there will be no clock correction -> then u dont need reclock -> USE D3D !!!

Sorry 4 pickin this thread up, i had that issue yesterday and solved it!:D

ErikLarsson

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2006
    Sorry for reviving and old thread, but this thing about reclock and d3d vs directdraw confuses me!

I've been using directdraw for long because d3d gave me the "driver not supported" error message.

Now, robhawk sais that there will be no clock correction in ddr, so what happens then? The media plays in the correct speed (as in 25fps) but the clock correction will be disabled and eventually things will stutter beause clocks drift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom