Reclock: How To Select For Music (1 Viewer)

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    CPU Type: AMD Phenom X4 9950
    Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR2 4GB
    Motherboard: ASUS M3N78-PRO
    Video Card: Onboard DXVA Graphics (Nvidia 8300)
    Video Card Driver: Nvidia 181.71
    Sound Card: Onboard HDMI Audio
    Sound Card AC3: HDMI Bitstream
    Sound Card Driver: Latest from Nvidia
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Sky Digital (UK)
    Power Supply: Antec TruPower 2.0 550W
    TV: Hitachi 50" Plazma (1080p)
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI through AV receiver (Onkyo 705)

Hi. Basically, I've been playing around with Reclock and have found it's a great way to get the original audio sent from my video and audio files straight to my amp via HDMI, without any unnecessary resampling or mixing going on, as happens when you send the audio to "Default Directsound Device" (amp shows up 7.1ch LPCM @ 192KHz for an input of a 44.1KHz stereo MP3!)

The only problem I have, is how do I select reclock as the default audio renderer for my Music in Mediaportal? I see options for "Default Directsound Device" and "Nvidia HDMI Output", but not Reclock, even though it's there as an option when configuring video codecs. Wierd, eh?

Also, I know there's the option to have it automatically replace "Default Directsound Output" for all sound in Mediaportal, but that doesn't work because for DD and DTS bitstream, I need to connect ffdshow audio decoder directly to "Default Directsound Device" to get these sent straight to my amp. This is why the ideal solution is in the Reclock settings application, set it to "never" load automatically in Mediaportal, but in Mediaportal configuration, set it as the preferred audio renderer. That way it will always be used, except when it can't be, if you see what I mean. That's why I want to be able to select it as the audio renderer for my music. Any ideas why it's not showing up in the list, even though it is on the video side?

:D

EDIT: Never mind, I've now managed to get DD and DTS passthrough working with reclock, so I've just set it to "Always Load" with mediaportal, and it works great. Mods feel free to delete this thread if you see fit.

:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom