Recognizes card but does not find any channels (1 Viewer)

JesseRYoung

October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate
CPU Type: AMD 3.0 Ghrz
HDD: 250 GB Segate
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: MSI K9N SLI V2
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 8800 GT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Sabrent PCIRC (Philips 7130)
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver: SAA7130
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have been searching for a good and free piece of software to use with my recently purchased Sabrent PCI TV Tuner card because the software that came with it was no good at all. After finding Media portal I did an install as just a inbuild tv-plugin of media portal 1.0 and after installing i went to setup and it said that my card was not found. I un-installed and then did an install of Media portal server 1.0. After install it did find the card and as I went to scan for channels in the tv-server configuration I does not find any channels and after it says it finishes it will not let me hit OK or Cancel.

I also noticed that while it was scanning the "Current Channel:" stayed at "none".

I'm not sure if my card is supported by media portal but it does work on BeyondTV. Nice application but you have to pay for it and I'm not sure if its worth the amount they are asking for. Also tryed Windows media center but for some reason media center won't recognize that the sound comes from the line in on my audio card and there are terrible audio sync issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
I'm not sure if I filled in all of the necessary info for my PC I'm not sure what, exactly is relevant. Just ask if I need to specify anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom