Recommend a DVB-T pci/pcie/usb tuner with conax support (1 Viewer)

stounedi

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Hey!

I am planning to make a HTPC running with Media Portal my only digital tv receiver.

I am now looking recommendations for DVB-T receiver.

Must have-features are:
- DVB subtitles support
- Conax/CAM card reader (or slot for adapter)
- PCI / PCIe / USB is all fine
- Media Portal support for DVB-T subtitles and pay-tv card (Conax?) record+playback are a must have... Of course.
- Stability, since this would be my only digital tv receiver...

I've read other "recommend" threads but didnt really find what I am looking for.

stounedi

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
I've been browsing around for a card that would fit my needs and came up with these cards:

TechniSat SkyStar HD 2 (USB)
TechnoTrend TT-Connect CT3650CI
TerraTec H7

Does anyone have any real experiences about these cards and MediaPortal? Either PCI or USB would be fine for me.

Like I said earlier, what I need is a card that supports:
- DVB subtitles with MP
- Has CI & and watch scrambled channels with MP
- Is stable, since this would be my only digital tv receiver

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!
    What did you end up with? I most likely have to buy a new DVB-T tuner aswell, as Hauppauge apparently does not support TechniCrypt CAMs (BOOO :().

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Hello!

I got a TechnoTrend T-1500 with CI-adapter.

It is working like a charm. I think it hasnt missed any of my scheduled recordings.

Every now or then, though, when I try to watch TV it says "Cannot start graph". But that happens only like 1/20th time. It requires a reboot to function again.

So far I'm pleased with it.

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Could you please test if a restart of the service will fix the problem aswell?
    Does the "Cannot start graph" error occur with TVServer or the Client?

Thanks!

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    This "Cannot start graph" error happens when I try to watch TV in client.

I havent tested or studied it any further yet.

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Update:

My T-1500 CI/Conax just stopped working. None of my cards are working / detected by it.

I've tried both Mediaportal and TechnoTrend's own software. None shows any of the pay channels. I dont know if the CI module is broken or wtf just happened, this came up all sudden. If I go to the "CAM" menu in TT-Viewer it shows nothing. And pressing menu button doesnt do anything.

Is there any kind of CAM information viewer I could try with TechnoTrend T-1500 CI? I'd like to know if the CI module is working at all... The cards work in all other devices though.

EDIT: The CI problem is solved. For some reason the CI link cable had loosened on it's own inside the case. I didnt even move the case :)

But now I'm still having the "Cannot start graph" problem which is getting a bit annoying tbh. I've missed some recordings because of this now. I tried MPstandbyhandler to restart the T-1500 on resume but it gives .net exception error when it resumes to record. With wake-up from remote it works fine but always gives error if resumed for recording automatically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom