recommended H/W Encoding cards (1 Viewer)

U

umproko5

Can someone post a ranking of recommended H/W cards for MP (at least 10)?
/Jason

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

This is probably not answering your question, but IMO the best way to approach this. Check the wiki-page for supported hardware: http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/install:capturecards:start . The capture cards that are fully supported have their common name written in a green font, the partial supported cards are listed red. The list itself is pretty much self-explanatory. The card's common name is also a link to another wiki page which might contain extra info about this card.

After consulting this list, search the forum for different user experiences with the cards. Please note that MP supports different kind of capture cards (analog as well as all DVB types), so your question is too unspecific to answer.

Kind regards,
    Michel

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Agree, ranking cards is hard when most people only have direct experience with 1 or 2.
    I chose a PVR-350 after researching variouse HTPC-related sites. It's been around the longest and is basically a "reference" card for getting HTPC/DVR?PVR software to work.

But does it provide the best quality? Too many variables to objectively rank.

I recently bought a DVB-T card based on popularity of use both here and on an XPMCE forum is Australia. A whole weekend wasted trying to install this card. Turns out I may have gotten a faulty card (currently with retailer for testing). So, even if you do choose a "Top 3" card, your own experience could be quite different from others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive over using the full UNC network path? For example, I have videos stored at \\DiskStation\video\. Would there be any benefit to mapping this folder to V: (using group policy or "map network drive") and then...
    What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
    What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
    Replies
    Views
    I see only site printscreen. You need to run Mediaportal.exe
    I see only site printscreen. You need to run Mediaportal.exe
    After I managed to install basic components for the MP1, I had problems getting the main viewing screen to open, without going to...
    Replies
    Views
    in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application. -2005530508 (Unknown) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()...
    in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application...
    Hi All, Hope everyone is safe & well, in these trying times. As I live in a city that has been incarcerated for rmonths, thought I...
    Replies
    Views
    Pleased to say that I have solved this, and believe it or not, it was a fault with the recording pin control on the xml which had the knock on effect with the highlight, which only goes to show the sensitivity of the EPG xml. If nothing else you confirmed what I thought and where I needed to look and thanks to your input, it is now...
    Pleased to say that I have solved this, and believe it or not, it was a fault with the recording pin control on the xml which had...
    Evening all, I am having a little bit of bother skinning the EPG. The specific issue is the border highlight. It shows on all the...
    Replies
    Views
    Fresh install of MP with Moving Pictures and IMDB+ (newest versions) on a new Windows 10 machine. Started scraping part of my library. I'm used to a relatively smooth and fast process. But now it was EXTREMELY slow. Also many titles that always gets identified by IMDB+ now were not. Themoviedb.org instead provided details. At first...
    Fresh install of MP with Moving Pictures and IMDB+ (newest versions) on a new Windows 10 machine. Started scraping part of my...
    Fresh install of MP with Moving Pictures and IMDB+ (newest versions) on a new Windows 10 machine. Started scraping part of my...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom