recommended H/W Encoding cards (1 Viewer)

U

umproko5

Can someone post a ranking of recommended H/W cards for MP (at least 10)?
/Jason

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

This is probably not answering your question, but IMO the best way to approach this. Check the wiki-page for supported hardware: http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/install:capturecards:start . The capture cards that are fully supported have their common name written in a green font, the partial supported cards are listed red. The list itself is pretty much self-explanatory. The card's common name is also a link to another wiki page which might contain extra info about this card.

After consulting this list, search the forum for different user experiences with the cards. Please note that MP supports different kind of capture cards (analog as well as all DVB types), so your question is too unspecific to answer.

Kind regards,
    Michel

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Agree, ranking cards is hard when most people only have direct experience with 1 or 2.
    I chose a PVR-350 after researching variouse HTPC-related sites. It's been around the longest and is basically a "reference" card for getting HTPC/DVR?PVR software to work.

But does it provide the best quality? Too many variables to objectively rank.

I recently bought a DVB-T card based on popularity of use both here and on an XPMCE forum is Australia. A whole weekend wasted trying to install this card. Turns out I may have gotten a faulty card (currently with retailer for testing). So, even if you do choose a "Top 3" card, your own experience could be quite different from others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    Not sure if this is the correct section to post but is there any advantage in updating a Win 7 system to Win 10 I have run Win 7...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom