Recommended MP3 Decoder / plugin for Windows Media Player 10 (1 Viewer)

AndyUK49er

Portal Member
December 18, 2005
Reading, UK
Hi,

I have to run MP with the WinAmp plugin in cos WMP 10 have soem distortion whilst playing MP3s.
Real Player is ok, so I was wondering where and what plugins or codecs I need for Windows Media Player 10 ?

Also tried uninstalling and re-instaling version 9 but can't get that to uninstall.... advise ?

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi AndyUK49er,

I'm using MediaPlayer 10 and it works quite fine.
    Try to play a MP3 in MediaPlayer itself (without MP) if it works?

BTW the Tips and Tricks section is just for Tips and Tricks you want to tell other members, not for questions.

Please go to general support section.

Regards
    Ralph

abaper

Portal Member
    January 3, 2006
    Germany
    rollback mediaplayer 10

The trick to uninstall Mediaplayer 10 goes as follows. Go in the control panel in the Add/Remove programm section. At the top where it says currently installed programs mark the check box "show updates". By doing so - you then find the media palyer 10 in the list below and you can uninstall it - meaning windows will do an automatic rollback to media player 9.

I hope this hint helps you. In addition I had problems with the playing of MP3 files, because I had activated the itunes plugin in - if I deactivated this MP works fine for me.

best wishes
    abaper

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Hi,

I have noticed also some distortion on MP3:s when using windows mediaplayer 10. General usage is ok but quality of sound is not. I thought mine loudspeakers were broken, now i realize that i need to test this thing further.

All ideas are welcome. Perhaps i'll install that iTunes on mine htpc.

CoolHammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom