Recommended "Starter" Plugins (1 Viewer)

Darkbee

Portal Member
October 24, 2010
New York
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm kind of reluctant to post this because it's a very noobish question and one that almost always doesn't have a straight answer (answer is usually: "it depends...") but here goes...

Is there a general consensus on what plugins are considered "must have" or almost essential? What are the plugins that everybody always installs first for a fresh install of MP? I guess to put it another way, what plugins offer features that have a strong argument for being part of the core application, and so almost guarantees their installation by the majority of users?

From what I've seen so far the following two plugins are considered "must haves" (I see them mentioned everywhere):
  1. Moving Pictures
  2. TVSeries

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Those two are the most important ones for me aswell. In adition I install:

Fanart Handler - for grabbing fanart for the music section
    Mediaslayer - for ripping movies and music
    Multishortcut - for opening things like NBA League Pass from the main menu
    Online Videos - for accessing youtube and various podcasts/netcasts and other online content
    Norwegian TV and radio logo pack - TV and radio logos
    SubCentral - for grabbing subtitles

Darkbee

Portal Member
    October 24, 2010
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I'll have to get installing! Not sure about the Norwegian TV though... I know about two words of Swedish and that's about as far as my Scandinavian exposure goes... :)

I'm already using SAF 4, so I guess I'm all set there. So far I haven't found anything that I haven't been able to play.

Thanks again, and to other users, feel free to keep the suggestions coming if you feel there are still some key plugins missing.

Allochtony

December 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Those two are the most important ones for me aswell. In adition I install:

Fanart Handler - for grabbing fanart for the music section
    Mediaslayer - for ripping movies and music
    Multishortcut - for opening things like NBA League Pass from the main menu
    Online Videos - for accessing youtube and various podcasts/netcasts and other online content
    Norwegian TV and radio logo pack - TV and radio logos
    SubCentral - for grabbing subtitles

Hi

How does the NBA League Pass thing work?? It would be really cool te be able to view this through MediaPortal!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom