reconnect disconnected folders (1 Viewer)

zamoth

Portal Member
June 5, 2007
Home Country
France France
MediaPortal Version: V1
MediaPortal Skin: original
Windows Version: XP SP2 Up to date
CPU Type: 1.8 Ghz
HDD: 10 Go
Memory: 400 Mo

Other informations are not necessary.

I've got a minimalist HTPC running all my files over a wired 100 Mb Lan.
So 100% of my files are on another PC and both computer are in workgroup, no domain.

I use share folders to share all my files, and it works pretty well ... But I got this bug since I started using media Portal (1 year ago) so this bug is not a V1 bug only.

If I ever get my drives disconnected, MediaPortal is not able to restore disconnected folder (any plugins : my videos for example)

I must quit MediaPortal, launch Windows Explorer, and simply click on the disconnected shared folders (with an X in front of the folder) for them to automatically get reconnected (no login/password prompt)

Is there a Way for media portal to do this simple task automatically ? a Workaround ?
Is this a new bug witch you are going to take care of ?
Or is my case not important enough to take care of ?

Thank you for your attention ... and for your excellent work !

ZaMotH

zamoth

Portal Member
June 5, 2007
Home Country
France France
Seems nobody has this problem... I will not add any further comment if I am the only one who noticed this.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i think i dont have your exact problem but something similar.

when i am watching a movie or serie from another pc and for example the server pc reboots.

i get a freeze screen.

if i exit the freeze screen (not mp) and wait for the server pc to start i can select again the serie or movie and play it again(but it will not remember where it was stopped)

zamoth

Portal Member
    June 5, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I get a freeze too, when the distant folder get disconnected without prompt (reboot, cable disconnected, ...). I must stop MP in a not very nice way.
    After I launch MP again, it does not remeber where it quitted.
    But that is not important.

My problem is not the same ... say I boot and launch MP before the file server ... my drives stay in disconnected mode event if the file server is up. I must manually reconnect them (with windows explorer), Media Portal does not automatically reconnects drive. (in workgroup)

If you have time ... unplug your server ... try to get your movie (does not work) ... then plug back your server ... and MP should not be able to read the files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom