record and/or timeshif to mapped drive (1 Viewer)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
Hi
I just tried to move my recording and TS folder to a mapped drive y:\recordedtv, but it fails. If I move it back to d:\recordedtv (wich is mapped to y:\recordedtv) it works?

if I try \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\d$\recordedtv
it works.

it is not security rights since the unc path works. I am running mce 2005.

Question:
Is it suppose to work?

//Lasse

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Is there not something like the mapped drive being unavailable until it has been "activated" by windows itself ? I have folder being auto-connected between different computers. But as long as I have not accessed them in explorer, they show up with a red cross - indicating being not available.

I once ran into a similar issue trying to use TV Show Renamer on a mapped drive. As soon as I accessed the drive with explorer, the TV Show Renamer did work.

This is no solution for you, but might be an indication of the origin of the issue.

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
I tried when I am logged in and mapped manully. the drive is there and I "touched" it. Thanks for the tip, but thats not it.

//Lasse

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
Hi tourettes
EDIT:NOW I see, the drive is not there for the system account, so if I change that it might work. THANKS for the tip

//Lasse

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What Tourettes means (I suppose) is that the TVService by default runs under "System account" which do not have any network access to your UNC path. So you need to make the TVService run under an account with admin privileges (since system account has admin privs.) and the account also need access to your UNC share.

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have being trying to get TV Server to recorde to a UNC patch (not timeshift). It works partially. This is what I have done:

1. Running the Tv Server service with another account (TV in my case) and matching that account on my server.
    2. On the server (workgroup) greating a share (recordedtv in my case), setting share and NTFS permissons to full control for the TV account.
    3. Configure Tv Server to record to a remote folders like so \\myserver\recordedtv

It works fine to record and to watch recordedtv. When I delete a recorded program the .ts and .xml files are deleted, but the folder aren't. The account that run the TV Service are the same that I login with to run the MediaPortal client to.

Does any one have a clue why the folder aren't deleted?

/Octane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom