Recorded TV dates wrong (1 Viewer)

Nebula

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently "Upgraded" to MP frpm MCE 2005. What a difference, so stable. I fought with MCE for a year and finaly gave up. MP is an excellent program, keep up the good work, donation forthcoming.

I have one small problem I need help with. The date of recorded tv programs is always displayed as the current days date. I have searched the FAQ's and the forum but can't find an answer. There are a couple of similar problems but no resoloutions. I apologise if the answer it out there already but I cannot find it.
Logs attached.

Regards
Rick

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 2 wide
Windows Version: MCE 2005 RU 2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3000+
HDD: Maxtor SATA 200g + Seagate 250G
Memory: 512M PC3200
Motherboard: ASUS A7V880
Motherboard Chipset: VIA KT880
Motherboard Bios: Award 1009
Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9200 pro
Video Card Driver: 8.203.0.0
Sound Card: Onboard SoundMAX
Sound Card AC3: coax
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.3663
1. TV Card: Twinhan DTV-DVB 3054
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.1.8
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft
TV: LG 37" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry I can't help you with this issue, but I want to congratulate you with the move from MCE to MP! Did it myself a few months back.

You will no longer have to spend all your time trying to keep MCE going, but you will use all your time trying the limitless possibilities and tweaking of MP. Much more fun!

VdR

Nebula

Portal Member
    December 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for the encouraging words VdR. I even tried Vista RC2 out of despairation but that is a whole new can of worms!!

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This seems to happen with files not found in the database (<mp dir>\Database\TVDatabase.db3 or something like that). This can happen for various reasons:

- The database file is corrupt, due to a prior computer crash etc.
    - If you reinstalled MP it has built a new (empty) database
    - The recording path for your tv card was changed (for whatever reason) so there's a mismatch between the database and the actual recorded files

If new recordings show up with the correct date, your database has been rebuilt already. If not, try renaming the database file and restart MP. This will build a new database and recordings you make after this will show up fine. If not, you might want to check file permissions on the database file and make sure you're allowed to write to it.

Nebula

Portal Member
    December 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks Jetboy. Rebuilding the database did the trick.
    I think what caused the problem was me moving the location of recorded tv to a different disk. All shows recorded yesterday still have yesterday's date/time. Only pain was having to rescan the tuning and sort out the channel order, I guess it's all in the same database. Small price to pay for the advantages of MP though. With MCE I was having to rescan about once a week!!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom