Recorded TV is stuttery but accessing through my videos is fine??? (1 Viewer)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal Version: RC4
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Vista Premium
    CPU Type: Intel Dual Core
    HDD: 100GB
    Memory: 2GB
    Video Card: 8400GS
    1. TV Card: HVR-2200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T

Not sure if anyone can give me some pointers....

Live TV appears to work pretty will with the occasional stutter but it's not too bad. But recorded TV is another story where it stutters regularly and is a complete pain.

But if I view the recorded TS files through "My Videos" plays perfectly with no glitches whatsoever......

Any ideas or things to try?

Am using a server/client setup with the server pc just running the TV server.

Codec is SAF 4.0....

Regards,

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah am using power DVD....Disabling DXVA seems to make it a lot better...... But CPU is at 80% now when it's normally down by 15%.....

Any thoughts why DXVA would be causing an issue?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't suppose anyone has any other ideas what might be causing this? The same on two different client PCs.....

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Same sort of problem here but it starts stuttering after a random amount of time. With recorded TV and live TV.

However when I play the video back via MPC classic or media portal with the recording renamed from .ts to mkv it's perfect with the same codecs and DXVA except no TSreader.

It started happening when they fixed the "unable to start graph" error which i believe was TS reader related.

No point in posting logs ether because it just appears to be working except for the judder and it puts nothing in the logs apart from when i act to stop and start the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom