Recorded TV Quality not as good as live (1 Viewer)

silverlining

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
TV-Server Version: 12-4
MediaPortal Version: 2.3 + svn 12-4
MediaPortal Skin: b2
Windows Version: xp
CPU Type: 2600 sempron64
HDD: 300
Memory: 1g
Motherboard: abit
Motherboard Chipset: sis
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: all
Video Card Driver: all
1. TV Card: pvr150
1. TV Card Type: pci
1. TV Card Driver: latest
MPEG2 Video Codec: hardware/pvr150 on tv server

I have a tv3 server/client arrangement. Live tv looks great, local or streamed over the network. Recorded tv looks great too, as long as nothing is moving very fast. I can't seem to find a way to up the quality on recorded tv.

I can playback the recorded tv in mediaportal, or with vlc, or with windows media player, whatever. Always with the lines at the edges of motion/non-motion. I'm not sure if it's deinterlacing or what, but I find it interesting that streamed quality is perfect (well, as good as analog tv gets anyway) while the recorded quality is NOT perfect.

The only hauppagge software installed is the driver, maybe there's something I could tweak there, but I'm not sure that's the right path, given that the quality of streamed media is ok -- that tells me that mediaportal DOES have access to a good signal, and it's being distorted in the write-to-disk process.

Suggestions?

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Have you checked the "recording quality" on the setup of the card? Im not using TVE3 atm, but in the standalone version there's an option where you can choose the recording wuality for PVR cards.

silverlining

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Unfortunately there does not seem to be a quality control dialog available to me like in standalone MP. It does seem like a feature that would have been part of the initial port, but then again I'm not a developer and we all get to use the software at their pleasure, basically.

I'm a tweaker, and am willing to hack registry or modify .inf files and such. After all I just got my pcHDTV 3000 card working for OTA ATSC, and that card has no rightful place in a windows box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom