Recording all shows within a specific time period? (1 Viewer)

Caiwyn

October 1, 2006
I am currently using MythTV on a Linux-based PVR. I'm looking to switch to a Windows solution because the nVidia drivers are better and video playback is smoother on the Windows platform. But I need to replicate a particular function that has proven very useful in MythTV:

Specifically, I'm trying to record the Adult Swim block of programming on Cartoon Network every day. The actual shows are different every day, and they frequently change the schedule to add new shows, move existing shows to new times, or throw in a movie.

I do NOT want a manual recording, where I set the time and the PVR records one big file. I want to record separate shows so that they are listed by their own titles and separate from the other shows.

MythTV allows me to create a custom recording (which is really just a MySQL database query). Using that, I have told MythTV to record all shows on Cartoon Network that fall within a certain time period. Then MythTV records whatever falls within that time frame, so that I don't have to pay attention to schedule changes and the like. I can even exclude particular titles I don't like and don't want to record.

Can MediaPortal do this? I need to know before I make the switch; this block of programming is the entire reason I built a PVR in the first place.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

currently this is not possible within MP.

But some DEVs are working on such a solution, I cannot say when its ready for your switch....

Flip.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey thats great news! I asked for that some time ago and didnt get much replies! Very glad someone is working on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom