Recording DVB-T channel that has not yet started (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I think Ive just seen a possible problem but I can't confirm it with the latest svn because of other issues. Perhaps someone else would like to try it and see. Basically the problem is that if you schedule a recording for the first program on a channel that is not operating all of the time then the recording fails (you end up with a zero length recording). Ok so here is how to reproduce...
    1. Select a channel that is not operating all the time (like the UK ITV4 channel).
    2. Schedule a recording for the first program on this channel after it starts, set padding to say 5 minutes so that the recording will start before the channel is "live".
    3. Wait and see what happens!

Will try this again when I can, but perhaps another UK user could try it with a late svn.

Thanks

Andy

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks! It will be interesting to see how you get on. The program I had problems with was the Grand Prix qualifying today. It was the first program on ITV4 this afternoon. ITV4 was off air until then.

Thanks again

Andy

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    I can confirm that exactly the same thing happened to me today with the F1 qualifying on ITV4, and I can also confirm that I have seen the same behaviour before. This has happened mostly on ITV4 (usually motor racing scheduled as the first programme of the day), but I believe I have seen this with other channels too.

I am currently using SVN 14754 (29-05-2007), but this has happened with several previous SVNs and (I think) the original 0.2.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom