[will not fix] Recording from buffer not working (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 SVN25531
MediaPortal Skin: Maya
Windows Version: Win7 ultimate
CPU Type: Intel E6400 2.13GHz
HDD:
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: MSI 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 196.34
Sound Card: SigmaTel
Sound Card AC3: spdif
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.6 (beta)
2. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 5.6 (beta)
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital Sweden
HTPC Case: Sony VGX-XL302
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: LG 42PC1RR
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Recording from the timeshift buffer as per [Please Test] Add already watched ts buffer to recording doesn't work at all here any more. In earlier versions a tsbuffers folder with the correct part of the buffer was sometimes copied (and sometimes not) to the recording folder, but now nothing happens at all.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Activate the feature under debug settings in mp configuration and enable the notifier
2. Start watching a show
3. Wait a while and then start recording it
4. When the recording has ended, check the folder where the recording is and notice that no files has been copied

Expected behaviour:

The correct part of the buffer should be copied to the folder containing the recording, and then the recordingmerger tool should rename the files.

I do realise that Gemx asked for problems with this feature to be kept in that thread, but I was advised on IRC to post it as a proper bug report (which this hopefully is accepted as).

Attachments

• comskip.png
    comskip.png
    201.5 KB
Last edited:

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Seems the cmd starts:

2010-04-12 23:58:01.705715 [scheduler thread(9)]: ComSkipLauncher: Recording ended (C:\Recordings\M.A.S.H\M.A.S.H. - TV4 plus - 2010-04-12 - 23_20.ts on TV4 plus), launching program (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\tools\RecordingBufferMerger.exe "C:\Recordings\M.A.S.H\M.A.S.H. - TV4 plus - 2010-04-12 - 23_20.ts" /MOVE_BUFFERS) ...

So I think it's more a issue with "RecordingBufferMerger.exe". Can you try launching it by hand and see if the behaviour is the same ?

Simone

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This feature is experimental and not officially supported.
    Gemx did not continue its development (maybe after 1.1.0 release).

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Seems the cmd starts:

2010-04-12 23:58:01.705715 [scheduler thread(9)]: ComSkipLauncher: Recording ended (C:\Recordings\M.A.S.H\M.A.S.H. - TV4 plus - 2010-04-12 - 23_20.ts on TV4 plus), launching program (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\tools\RecordingBufferMerger.exe "C:\Recordings\M.A.S.H\M.A.S.H. - TV4 plus - 2010-04-12 - 23_20.ts" /MOVE_BUFFERS) ...

So I think it's more a issue with "RecordingBufferMerger.exe". Can you try launching it by hand and see if the behaviour is the same ?

Simone

In this case the problem was rather that no bufferparts were copied to the recording folder by mp. That said I've had no success with recordingbuffermerger even when there actually has been files for it to work with.

This feature is experimental and not officially supported.
    Gemx did not continue its development (maybe after 1.1.0 release).

Yes, it indeed is experimental and officially unsupported. Still, since it is in svn and it at least was somewhat working perhaps it could be added to mantis targeted for 1.1+?

Last edited:

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, it indeed is experimental and officially unsupported. Still, since it is in svn and it at least was somewhat working perhaps it could be added to mantis targeted for 1.1+?

//Johannes

Edit: Sorry misread your statement, i think 1.1.0+ should be possible to add it as a feature request, but i think it is best to let gemx decide.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also see this as an important feature.

Unfortunately the team have limited resources and cannot fix everything/implement every desired feature. Maybe after 1.1.0, or maybe the TV engine for MediaPortal 2 will be designed with this feature included from the start. It is just a question of resources and timescale.

Regards,

Mark

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Of course, i just wanted to note there are (more) people needing / waiting for this.
    Remember please its not a feature fully missing, its one built in experimental, already run once, so it might be just a small bug.
    I fully understand if this is something for later. But if you have the habit to start watch a show, and want to watch later, you either need a very very large timeshift space or you record it from the "live point", which is ok, but not satisfying if the data of the "pre live point" is still here. Of course i can live with that. I have to ;)

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A small update.

I forgot to turn this feature of after my testing, and by chance I noticed when checking recordings that sometimes the tsbuffers directory actually is created (with files copied to it). In other words, there's at least no regression.

Also, thanks to the source of recordingbuffermerger now being in svn I noticed that the reason why this program doesn't work simply is that it expects the files to be in 'buffers' rather than 'tsbuffers'... ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom