Recording locks too many channels (1 Viewer)

chschs

Portal Pro
January 30, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
When movie or series is recording more than one channel is locked.
Of course it would be OK that MP locks all channels of the same card.
But I have 3 cards installed - see My System.

So it happens each week that I programmed 2 series (Grey's Anatomy for my wife and Stargate Atlantis for myself).
They are broadcasted at the same time on two different channels (RTL2 and PRO7).
Grey's Anatomy is recorded sucessfully, but Stargate Atlantis starts only when Grey's is finished.

As you see in my settings I have 2x DVB-T and 1x DVB-S card.
I have assigned all channels to all cards and have mapped all the programs with each card.

Or was that wrong? I am not really sure (have read the description several times) what that is for.
Of course that the EPG is not recorded serveral times for the same channel.

In the hardcopy you see that some channels are locked.
Any hints ?

Is it possible - I have read something in the forum - that MP has problems with SAT and TERRESTRIAL cards on same installation ?

Please let me know if you need logs for that.

Attachments

• mediaportal.jpg
    mediaportal.jpg
    94.9 KB
  • mpSettings.jpg
    mpSettings.jpg
    63.4 KB

Bendix

Portal Member
June 8, 2009
@home
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Chschs,

have you tried to map the channels so, that Pro7 is mapped to card1 and RTL2 is mapped to card2?
Or try it without your DVB-S card

chschs

Portal Pro
January 30, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
What I have tried is to take RTL2 away from one card.
But it did'nt help.

If I would map one channel to one card and another channel to another card I could record only 2 broadcasts. It can't be meant like that.
But I understand - you want to follow-up the problem. But let's say it would work - what is the conclusion ?

I would like to understand how MP thinks in a multicard environment.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Are all those channels available on both DVB-T and DVB-S? Are the channels available in same mux / frequency (so that one tuner could be used to record more than one channel).

Sounds odd that TVE3 would lock more tuners than actually there are channels going to be recorded (haven't heard such happening). Could you reproduce the issue and post clean logs from server side so that we can see how the card were allocated during the failed recording.

Bendix

Portal Member
    June 8, 2009
    @home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    when it is working mapping the channels to different cards, i think (hope) you can solve it by changing the card priority

chschs

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ tourettes: The DVB-T has were I life about 30 channels. These are overlapping with my 600 DVB-S channels.
    And of course - NO they don't have the same frequency - it is a complete different technic.

I removed now all channels from the DVB-S card that are available on DVB-T.
    But I guess the problem will remain, because I still have two DVB-T cards that should be able to record 2 channels at same time.

Yes - I can reproduce at any time and will upload the log asap (after my wife is finished watching a recording :).

Bendix: I can't see how I would solve this with card priority ?
    even if it would work in this case - there would be a lot of combinations to be considered...
    I am about to install 4TR. Maybe that solves the problem or shows why.

Have you got more than one card ?

Bendix

Portal Member
    June 8, 2009
    @home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, i have 2 Cards.
    @ First i used a Nova-S-Plus and an DVB-T stick (think it was MSI)
    I had many problems, so i reinstalled XP. After hours of testing i get it working. The only problem i have with DVB-T is that we dont recive all channels (only the "öffentlichen") and so i had no use for it.
    now i use 2 Nova-S-Plus cards. As u can see here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/problem-two-tv-cards-nova-s-plus-69182/
    i have problems getting both cards to work.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @ tourettes: The DVB-T has were I life about 30 channels. These are overlapping with my 600 DVB-S channels.
    And of course - NO they don't have the same frequency - it is a complete different technic.

No, that was not what I was asking. Were those two channels you were recording on the same transponder. But yes, even when they wouldn't have been on the same transponder it should have still been possible to record those as you have 2x DVB-T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom