Recording Option - Record once a week on this channel (2 Viewers)

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
'Record once a week on this channel', the reason being quite a few prime time shows are repeated upto 3 times per week.

Another more advanced version would be 'record once a day on this channel' with the option to the pick days. Don't know if this is possible though.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    These are already in there (except picking specific days).
    In the record options you may have to scroll down a page to see the other options.

Record every week at this time,
    Record every day at this time,
    etc,

robomonkey

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Yeah I did see those, but they aren't very robust, for example, a UK soap like Eastenders is on:-
    Monday 8.00pm
    Tuesday 7.30pm
    Thursday 7.30pm
    Friday 8.00pm

And depending on whether football is on the above times will be completely wrong.

Now currently there is no way to economically\easily schedule this, the best at the moment is to use the 'record everytime on this channel'.

So 'once per day on this channel' would fix that, as it wouldn't matter what time it was on.

drfelch

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    This is EXACTLY what I need. By default the Windows Media Centre did just this as far as I remember. It's crazy that the only option is to 'record every time on this channel' to ensure that a 'variable time' weekly program get's recorded. This (as robomonkey says) then records loads of repeats and clashes with other legit recordings during the week. Madness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom