Recording overlap - Improvement suggestion (1 Viewer)

StuckInTheMu

Portal Member
May 3, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MP v1 RC1
TV via single DVB-T card

When setting two recordings on different MUX's, but following times (e.g. one from 19:00 - 20:00 and the next 20:00 - 21:00), I get a recording conflict due to the programme padding overlap.

I understand why it's doing this, but the way MCE handles it seems more logical in that it treats the overlap as an ideal rather than absolute, so in this instance will cut the recording on the hour so the receiver is released for the second recording.

Maybe an option for either way of working?

Keep up the good work, it's a fantastic system and I'm close to making the jump from MCE (which is irritating the hell out of me due to not being able to finely control what it's doing!).

Jim

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    TV via single DVB-T card

That's the joy of dual cards :D, this is being looked into, as really should just ignore the pre\post record time set and start recording at exact time for following recording.

StuckInTheMu

Portal Member
    May 3, 2008
    Home Country
    My main machine has dual cards, but there are several occasions where both are in use so I guess it wouldn't matter how many you have (within reason!), it's sill likely to occur.

Problem with manually setting the overlap comes when you set for repeated recordings, as one in a few weeks time might have a conflict, but unknown at the time!

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom