Recording problems (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Since installing MP1.25 a lot of scheduled recordings only record the last 15mins, on Friday night/Saturday morning I recorded an episode of 'Most Haunted' the usual notification popped up at the correct time (00:59) and the red recording indicator was present, attempted to watch the programme the next day but only the last 15mins was recorded and the time shown when highlighting the programme was 01:45-02:05. I've attached the relevant log and would be grateful if someone could take a quick look.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• TVService.3.log
    475.2 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    only the last 15mins was recorded
    I am not a "TV Server" expert, but from the log:

(1) One of your tuners is not mapped to any channels. Search for "not mapped" in the log; it occurs repeatedly. This may be intentional, or it may be an oversight on your part (you forgot to map channels to the tuner).

(2) There is a strange gap of about one hour in the log: the time 00:59:02 is followed immediately by 02:05:00. Did you manually glue together two separate files?

(3) Try using Windows Explorer to see if there are any files that have names suffixed with "_1" (I think). When there are breaks in the reception, "TV Server" generates multiple TS files, and to avoid duplicate files, "TV Server" suffixes the name with "_1" (and probably "_2", ..., if there is more than one break). If you find files like this, it indicates (I think) that there was a break in reception.

(4) You seem to be using "BSkyB", rather than "FreeSat". I don't know whether that makes a difference. Were you by any chance previously using one of the non-standard privately-modified and not-supported versions of MP? I am thinking of the version that could read the Sky EPG (sadly I have now forgotten who created it :().

So, on the whole there is not much that I can suggest to help you solve your problem. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Hi CyberSimian and thanks for the reply,

(1) It's intentional (not enough LNB outputs available to connect the card) however I'll disable it until I've got time to fit my octo.

(2) No editing done to the log it's an attachment straight from the MP folder.

(3) Only a single file in the recordings folder along with a .xml file containing the EPG synopsis etc.

(4) Not sure what you mean there.

For sure it's not a playback problem though because other players confirm it to be the same length.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I don't have any other ideas (I have never used satellite TV). Sorry. :(
    Perhaps others may have a clue?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    As no one else has suggested a possible cause, I will suggest this: corrupted databases. User Ronski recently had a problem with his UK satellite setup. His problem was different from yours, but it was (in the end) solved by uninstalling MP, deleting any leftovers, and then re-installing MP. However, rather than doing that I will suggest the following:

(1) Use "TV Server Config" to export all of your current settings. This is so that you can restore them later, if my suggestion goes horribly wrong. Personally, I would export all groups as one file, and then export each individual group as a separate file. This makes it easier to restore just one group if you want.

(2) Stop "TV Server".

(3) Rename the following folder by appending "0" to the name (this allows you to re-instate this folder if my suggestion goes horribly wrong):

C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data\mptvdb

(4) Reboot. If "TV Server" has been written sensibly, it will create default databases. If it has not been written sensibly, it will all go horribly wrong.

(5) If there are no obvious errors, start "TV Server Config" and setup "TV Server". You will need to rescan for channels, define your live-TV and recording folders, and so on.

At this point I would suggest not restoring any of your export files. If one or more of the databases was corrupt, the corruption may still exist in the export file, and be re-introduced to the active databases when you restore the export file(s).

(6) Start the MP client and confirm that TV works correctly (including recording).

(7) Use the system in this way for the next two weeks, to verify that the problem is now fixed. Schedule recordings from the EPG. Don't try restoring the export file containing your recording schedule (in case it is the recording schedule that contains the corruption).

(8) If it all went horribly wrong, stop "TV Server", delete the folder named above, and rename the old folder back to its correct name and reboot.

(9) The above procedure does not try to fix registry entries. If the problem exists in the registry, the problem will not be fixed. :(

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Strangely everything has behaved for the last 2 days but if it happens again I'll try what you've suggested, it's not good when you can't record reliably and my confidence in that side of things is at an all time low atm, just realised something though, this occurred at the same time as another odd problem that was happening, when the system dropped into sleep it shutdown instead, that problem seems to have disappeared at the same time, don't know if the two are related but it could be some kind of sleep/timer issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom