Windows Version: xp pro
CPU Type: amd semperon 3000+
HDD:
Memory: 512
Video Card: ATI 256mb
Sound Card:creative soundblaster live
1. TV Card: Hauppauge hvr 1300

Difficult to describe the problem(s)

1. When recording tv (in live tv mode) I press the record button and dialog box says 'do you wish to stop recording' I choose yes and the recording continues.

The only way to stop it is to go to the scheduled recording screen and manually delete the recordings, they then appear in the recorded tv screen.

2. No dvb epg after an hour. The manual control in the tv server set up says it is retreiving the epg but it never arrives.

3. when watching live tv (Not recording) and i change channel the live tv cuts out and the live tv screen appears, as if i was recording a channel and changing to a different mux with only 1 card!!

Can I just add that the ability to watch one channel and record one with one dvb card is nothing short of amazing.

I hope this problem can be sorted easily. I will test again in a couple of days.

Dubstar

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    For no2: change the timeout to 15 minutes and refresh to 45 minutes in the server managment console/timeouts.

I have found this to be the optimum for UK EPG grab with 99%+ sccess rate

Anything less than 15 minutes and the EPG grab timeouts with no grab 99.9% of the time.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Anything less than 15 minutes and the EPG grab timeouts with no grab 99.9% of the time.

EPG in UK is a little bit out of DVB specs :)

Interesting, is there a reason why?

The TV 2.0 grabs EPG and updates the database in under 5 mins !

NEBULA digitv software grabs the EPG in under thirty seconds.

TV 3.0 seems to take 15 mins to get the grab and then a couple of mins to update the database.

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I recently a svn of the tv server and the recording bug is still there. However I changed the timeout settings to 15 and 45 respectively and left it 10 mins then sure enough it work. i'm well pleased!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom