[TV] recording split in two but half wont play (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: SVN23978
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: XP Pro - SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E4500 2x2.2Ghz
    HDD: WD green 500Gb
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2-6400
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H
    Video Card: Geforce 9400 IGP
    Video Card Driver: Nvidia 191.07
    Sound Card: Nvidia HDMI
    Sound Card AC3: Asus Xonar HDAV
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle 7010ix
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-S and Dual DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVidia
    h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freeview (DVB-T) / Freesat (DVB-S)
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling: Scythe Mini-Ninja
    Power Supply: Antec 300W
    Remote: MCE
    TV: Panasonic 42PZ80B
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Set a program to record tonight from 21:00 to 22:00. I as messing around with machine and checked it was recording via manual page in TV config app.

For some reason it has recorded from 20:57 (3 minute pre-record) until 21:12 and then started a new file.

In recorded TV I cam see two files but the shorted one will not play. I can play the shorter one myself in graphedit but not via MP

The only thing I can think I did during the recording was open up MP client and close it whilst viewing a parallel recording. If this is what did it surely closing client should not stop in progress recordings?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Oddly looking into this further the other program that was running concurrently seems to have changed location half way through recording???

If you search tv.log or "FlashForward\FlashForward - S1E7" you will see that it original started to record in
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings

but at 21:12 it did the same as above but then started recording in
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Shared Documents\Recorded TV

(I have not changed the setting as I always record to the F: drive. I did however go into the recording folder screen in config app during recording to see where it was recording)

.... thinking about it I may have enabled series / episode data in the EPG during the recording. Could this have broken it (would make sense as it picked up FlashForward as a series and collision as a movie)

I just deleted the ts file in shared docs and tried to remove it from tv config but got an error about being unable to cleanup an object which had not been persited yet. There is not a single entry in any log about this and it has now been removed

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    If you look at tvserver log you will see that at 21:12 you started SetupTV and then TVServer restarted (you see all recordings stopped, EPG grabbers stopped, streaming server stopped and cards deallocated), which means some setting you changed in setuptv required a restart of the service (though you should have been warned).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    If you look at tvserver log you will see that at 21:12 you started SetupTV and then TVServer restarted (you see all recordings stopped, EPG grabbers stopped, streaming server stopped and cards deallocated), which means some setting you changed in setuptv required a restart of the service (though you should have been warned).

No warning and I did not change any settings....

Any reason why the one recording would have changed where the files were located? (I would never have specified that location as I record to my F: drive)

This would not have been done from the client tool would it (that is where you change the show series / episode info in EPG). I guess that could be just a coincidence and when tv server restarted it picked up the change and triggered the change in recording location ?? (but still not sure where I would even set a different recording location for series to movies ??

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Any changes to Timeshifting or Recording sections or just entering and leaving a DVB-S card section will cause tvserver to restart without warning.

The default location for recordings (movies and folders) has recently been changed to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Shared Documents\Recorded TV" so that recordings don't get deleted when doing a full uninstall. I don't know if this is somehow related.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Any changes to Timeshifting or Recording sections or just entering and leaving a DVB-S card section will cause tvserver to restart without warning.
    But I did not change anything (and I am fairly sure I clicked cancel to exit config app rather thank ok)

The default location for recordings (movies and folders) has recently been changed to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Shared Documents\Recorded TV" so that recordings don't get deleted when doing a full uninstall. I don't know if this is somehow related.

SVN was installed a while ago and I obviously forgot to change recording folder as I set this to "F:\Recordings". SVN was a completely clean install so I am still stuggling to see why MP would decide to change the location it was recording to. The other file that was recording at same time (treated as a standard movie) had both chunks recorded to the old default location but the series recording changed folders :confused: As far as I can tell you can only set a recording folder for a card not different folders for series and movies types ? I know there was an issue with the default masks for recording titles in a previous SVN. Does the series default mask have a hardcoded reference to shared docs ?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    But I did not change anything (and I am fairly sure I clicked cancel to exit config app rather thank ok)
    Even if you pressed cancel to exit, entering a DVB-S card section and then leaving without making any changes will cause a restart.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Even if you pressed cancel to exit, entering a DVB-S card section and then leaving without making any changes will cause a restart.

Thanks; that explains the splitting into two files

But does not explain the changing of recording path... I am guessing that resetting the TVServer has applied a change but I am sure where this change would have been made or why it was not instant. I am guessing it must have been enabling series info in the client config app (seems as series recordsing have changed but not movies) but surely that should not change the recording path?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom