Recording Start problem and some questions New to Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

hardwork12

January 16, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP PRO
CPU Type: Athlon 1.4 ghz
HDD: Seagate 200gig IDE UDMA
Memory: 512 Meg PC2100
Motherboard: MSI MS-K7T266 Pro V2
Motherboard Chipset: via KT266
Motherboard Bios: Awards
Video Card: MX4000
Video Card Driver: Nvidia 6.14 (most current)
Sound Card: Integrated
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: PVR 150 Haupauge
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Enlight customized
Cooling: Holds case to 35'C and CPU to 48'C 100% load
Power Supply: Antec 430 watt Truepower Trio
Remote: None Yet using keyboard
TV: Sony HS10 51" RPTV
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite until I get a new card

For many years I have used Mythtv since my son set it up and managed it for me. I am Linux illiterate and now that he is on his own and its broke I want to switch to Windows PVR as I do know windows. This program installed and works quite well.

The only problem I have so far is that If I am watching using MyTV when a scheduled recording happens while I am watching (I was not in full screen mode at the time) the recording did not start. It works fine for scheduled recordings If I am not watching something. Is this a priority issue not sure what to look for.

This program seems to have everything I was looking for and I see that the release I am using has a SQLlite database capability (I assume this is much like MySQL). I could not find any recording set-up for preventing the system from recording something that has been previously recorded (either still on my system or deleted). This was a feature I really liked on mythTV does it exist in Mediaportal and I just can't find it? Just a question this mediaportal is a wonderful program.

One other feature I was looking for is I got the web interface working easily in the Localhost:81 mode. My question is can this be accessed from another PC through my LAN in my house. This would be great.

Appreciate the time and effort that was put into this project and look forward to using it routinely.

Thank you

McHep

Portal Member
February 2, 2005
Do you have timeshift on or off?

I always have the same problem with recordings. But if I have timeshift activated the recording will start without any problems.

Have you tried this?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    The only problem I have so far is that If I am watching using MyTV when a scheduled recording happens while I am watching (I was not in full screen mode at the time) the recording did not start. It works fine for scheduled recordings If I am not watching something. Is this a priority issue not sure what to look for.

This sounds for me like a bug. I have the same TV-Card and its working perfectly for me, tho i must say that I dont use MP very often to look live TV. Please attach your full logs here when this issue happens. I am sure a dev will find the problem.

I could not find any recording set-up for preventing the system from recording something that has been previously recorded (either still on my system or deleted). This was a feature I really liked on mythTV does it exist in Mediaportal and I just can't find it? Just a question this mediaportal is a wonderful program.

This is not implemented in MP. I would like to have that feature too, but it seems to be hard to implement. I suggested a better recording handling like options to record in timeslots (Like "Always on this channel when broadcasted between 8 and 12 pm"). So you could exclude the re-runs the next morning. But my post here in forum didnt get too much fans, so no dev see's the need of that feature.

Cheers,

Paloema

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    One other feature I was looking for is I got the web interface working easily in the Localhost:81 mode. My question is can this be accessed from another PC through my LAN in my house. This would be great

to get to the web guide from another PC, just substitue "localhost" for the name or IP of the MP computer.

Localhost always is used to refer to the machine you are on. from a different machine you need to specify an address, such as http://192.168.0.2:81

Welcome to MediaPortal :)

hardwork12

January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you.

McHep
    I will try the timeshifting on I think I had it off.

paloema
    Unfortunately I decided to start with a clean install and try again so I lost the Log file. If the problem comes back I will post the log file. :sorry: Also yes I know the developers of mythtv had many problems implementing the feature of not re-recording programs it took them about a year to get it solid.

Marcusb
    As for the Localhost mode I should have known that :oops: thank you for the information

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom