Recording & Timeshift folder UI (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Hi all

I've just noticed in the latest SVN that there is now a Browse button for choosing the Recording and Timeshift folder in TV Server Configuration/Recording settings/Recording folders - Excellent work, thank-you!

BUT now the text box control is disabled - I cannot change the path manually and (most importantly) I cannot cut and paste a folder into the box. Please could this functionality be restored

Cheers
Mark

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Everything that reduces the false bug reports is a good thing (even if it were del "c:\program files\team mediaportal\*" /S for some users :))

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Everything that reduces the false bug reports is a good thing (even if it were del "c:\program files\team mediaportal\*" /S for some users :))

Even at the cost of usability? Jeez... did none of you ever use Windows before?

How about just asking the user if they would like to create the folder? This is what almost every setup.exe app has done for the last 10 years. Why is it so hard for SetupTV to do this?

:mad:

AND ANOTHER THING... This bugfix is a bloody joke anyway. How about a more meaningful error message other than just NoAudioVideoDetected? MUST TRY HARDER

:sorry:

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    How about adding logic to check if the path entered exists? That way there is no need to disable the field. If a user types it in incorrectly then they get a message when trying to leave the configuration setting "Invalid Path"/"Path __________ does not exist" etc

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Even at the cost of usability? Jeez... did none of you ever use Windows before?

Well, better to have few annoyed users than pissed of developers :) The forum is full of incomplete/useless bug reports...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Well, better to have few annoyed users than pissed of developers :)

Oh come on... now you're just trying to wind me up. Well I won't be taken in - I know you didn't actually mean that.

If you read your previous post I think that contained much more "wind up" material :)

The truth is that the non-editable text box is really small usability issue and if its not bothering any developer it most likely will stay unfixed. After all you should be changing that setting only once when installing TVE3.

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes, it's a small usability issue but to quote Hank Scorpio - "It's the small things that make up life".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom