Recording & Timeshift folder UI (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    All my other Windows-programs throws me with a nice box with an error-message or the like if I enter an invalid path, or asks me if I want to create the folder if the path is valid, but with a non-existing folder.

There are about 100 other things that should be disabled if we really want less false bug-reports ;)

Edit: Just read the post that is linked to in Mantis...that's just plain silly :D

Perhaps TV-server (on startup) could check if the paths are actually valid. I myself had a similar "No audio/video" problem, until I checked my harddrive that had less that 300 MB free. After clearing out some room then everything worked. But should we then force "disk-quota" to be on for that reason? I don't think so...

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    wrong recording folder

I set the recording folder to 'H:\MP recordings' in TVserver, but all my recordings still end up in (if I remember it right): C:\Documents&settings\AllUsers\Applications\TeamMediaportal\...
    How can I override the path set in TVserver or make it work? Seems to be a defect in the code...

I'm on 1.0.0.0 final. Sorry I noticed too late that this was a thread about svn. But any suggestions are appreciated. :)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Make sure that you have changed the recording path for every desired card.

On that note, can we please have an option to apply the timeshift/recording folder to all cards? It's a pain in the arse to have to go through all of them making them the same. Please! please! Pretty Please!

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Make sure that you have changed the recording path for every desired card.

On that note, can we please have an option to apply the timeshift/recording folder to all cards? It's a pain in the arse to have to go through all of them making them the same. Please! please! Pretty Please!

++

Which of course should disable the card drop-down menu when selected :p

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I find it odd that one would want seperate recording and timeshifting paths for each individual card. I would think that mediaportal installer or first time run of tv server config would prompt you for directory for all recordings / timeshifting and then later you could change it manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom