h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Wasn't sure quite what to call this, or even whether it's really a support request as such, but here goes anyway (mods please feel free to move if there's somewhere that fits better).

I'm trying to set MediaPortal to record 'The Bill' which airs most Wednesdays and Thursdays on ITV1. Unfortunately, in their infinite wisdom, they who control the over air TV schedules always give the episode name as well nowadays, so instead of something simple like 'The Bill', you'll see something like 'The Bill - Lucky, Lucky, Lucky' (tonight's episode).

My question is, is there any way I can set up a custom schedule for this so it gets recorded when it's on, and doesn't record the football at 8pm instead on days when The Bill isn't on? I can't see anything that's obvious to me from all the recording settings, and I've been used to being able to to this with DigiTV using wildcards up until I recently decided to give MP another bash (and it's come along in leaps and bounds in usability since I last tried it, fantastic job!).

Thanks for reading

AlistairS

December 28, 2008
West Lothian
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Just did a search on the term wildcard & your post came up - with the exact same problem as am having

I was wondering if you solved the issue with recording The Bill? have been using sagetv that allows for using a wildcard which solved my problem, but can't see anything obvious for MP

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi AlistairS,

I've used 4 The record, and its previous incarnation called TV Scheduler, and it is a great tool to set up flexible recording schedules, not fixed to certain timeslots ut adjusting when there is new EPG information etc.

Give it a try, I thing you are going to like it.

/Peter

AlistairS

December 28, 2008
    West Lothian
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi AlistairS,

I've used 4 The record, and its previous incarnation called TV Scheduler, and it is a great tool to set up flexible recording schedules, not fixed to certain timeslots ut adjusting when there is new EPG information etc.

Give it a try, I thing you are going to like it.

/Peter

thanks will give it a try & see

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom