'Recordings' list becoming too long (1 Viewer)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I have a 'problem' with my recording list. Every week I do recordings. Some things I throw out when I have watched it, but there are also a lot of things I would like to keep. You can imagine that these seriously clutter up my list of recordings.

How do other users tackle this problem? Perhaps other users don't experience this to be a problem :sorry:

Is there any way that I can move these 'keepers' from the recording list and put them into another location? An archive of some sort.

Perhaps this is already possible in MP, but I haven't found how yet. I have even posted a request in the plugin forum for some1 to make a plugin for it.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there

Well, for me its a manual process.
    I put them through MCEBuddy to reduce size and then move them to TVSeries plugin or MovingPictures plugin or to just plain MyVideos if it does not fit anywhere else.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have a 'problem' with my recording list. Every week I do recordings. Some things I throw out when I have watched it, but there are also a lot of things I would like to keep. You can imagine that these seriously clutter up my list of recordings.

How do other users tackle this problem? Perhaps other users don't experience this to be a problem :sorry:

Is there any way that I can move these 'keepers' from the recording list and put them into another location? An archive of some sort.

Perhaps this is already possible in MP, but I haven't found how yet. I have even posted a request in the plugin forum for some1 to make a plugin for it.

You can sort your recordings by date.
    That way your 'keepers' are at the end of the list.

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks guys!

rekenaar, I can see what you are doing. It seems a lot of work for a basic thing though.

doornjoostje, I already have 12 pages of recordings sorted that way :(

Originally I came from SageTV, before I started using MP. SageTV had a simple button called 'Archive' which moved the recording to an archive folder. The recording was removed from the recent recordings and easily accessible under archive. It seems strange to me that MP doesn't have a button like that. Because there isn't such a button, I expected there to be a plugin. But there isn't a plugin either, so I figured I must be the only MP user that is missing this :eek:

Strange...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom