Recordings of some channels not visible in recordings list (1 Viewer)

spassiger

Portal Member
February 21, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
I have been using MediaPortal with a DVB-C card for years without any problems. Some weeks ago, I bought a new DVB-T2 USB stick and updated to the newest version of MediaPortal 1 to have support for the new H.265 video format used by DVB-T2. I have combined all of the HD channels that can be received by DVB-T2 with those of mv DVB-C card, for example Das Erste HD and 3sat HD.

Now I have the problem that the recordings of some channels are not visible in the recordings list of my MediaPortal client. For example, if I start recording a movie on Das Erste HD, the entry is visible in the recordings list directly after the recording started. If I try the same thing with a movie on 3sat HD, the recording itself starts, but no entry is visible in the recordings list. I don't know why this is happening because the channel 3sat HD itself is visible in the channels list and in the EPG, too. An XML file and a TS file are created in the filesystem as well as a new row in the "recording" database table.

In the database, the channel ID of the combined Das Erste HD is 1877 and the ID of 3sat HD is 1865. If I set the value of idChannel of a recording from 1877 to 1865, it disappears from the recordings list after a restart of MediaPortal. The same thing works the other way around: If I set idChannel to 1865, a formerly invisible recordings is shown in the recordings list.

In total, the recordings of four channels are missing in the recordings list (ZDF HD, 3sat HD, ZDFinfo HD, zdf_neo HD).

spassiger

Portal Member
February 21, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
I wasn't able to find the source of the problem but I was able to fix it. In the "Channels" settings of the MP Server Configuration, I deleted the DVB-C and DVB-T source in the "Edit Channel" dialog and after that, I deleted the channel itself. Then I scanned the DVB-C and DVB-T card to find the deleted channels again and matched it in the "TV combinations" settings. At the end, I updated the MySQL recording table:
UPDATE `recording` SET `idChannel` = 104 WHERE `idChannel` = 100;

Now the recordings of these four channels are shown in the "recordings" list in the MP client. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six years. I migrated from WMC to MP because it offered more of what I wanted, and less of what I didn't want. But if you are comfortable with WMC, the obvious choice is to stay with WMC on Windows 7. The...
I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six...
I have been 15 years with WMC in Windows 7 but clearly need to upgrade. I believe that MP might meet my needs. Before I invest a...
Replies
Views
Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an option more to evaluate
Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an...
Hi, i wrote this problem already in the german section, but the problem could not be solved until now. @morpheus_xx tryed it with...
Replies
Views
That seems likely. I tried the h264 ts cutter (found here) and it sort of works with HEVC/x265. The Preview has problems decoding the image, but if you know the area where to cut you can find a place. I had to change the settings (as a dialogbox suggested) to I-Frames as Cut-In-Points and All-Frames as Cut-Out-Points or else the...
That seems likely. I tried the h264 ts cutter (found here) and it sort of works with HEVC/x265. The Preview has problems decoding...
Hi there, I have a strange problem with mkvmerge when processing some recordings from german DVB-T2. So what's happening: I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Migrating from WMC DE
Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that are similar to hdhomerun tuner but for European DVB). But you can not use them on both systems at the same time ofc.. Means if WMC is using a tuner (e,g, for a scheduled recording) MP can't use the same...
Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that...
I have been running Windows Media Centre happily for years on Win 7 Pro, more recently with EPG123 as an intermediary providing...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom