Recordings with same title are not identified correctly (playing/removing recording) (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I was recording "Monster Jam" today and when the recording was still going on, I was trying to play "Monster Jam" recorded _last week_.

So in recordings folder "Monster Jam" I had two "Monster Jam" recordings, and the other one was still recording.

However, if I selected _older_ "Monster Jam" that was not recording at the moment, I got "Play recording from the beginning" and "Play recording from the live point" which is wrong. If I selected the "Monster Jam" recording that was going on, I got the same options as well, which is correct.

Can someone confirm?

This issue is a bit related:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc2-svn-builds-280/recording-deletion-too-agressive-43802/

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1 SVN 19574
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 SVN 19574
    MediaPortal Skin: Aeon Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E8200 2.66GHz
    HDD: Seagate IV 40GB
    Memory: Corsair 2GB 800MHz
    Motherboard: Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4850
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.7
    Sound Card: ATI HDMI
    Sound Card AC3: AC3Filter
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FireDTV DVB-C
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD 8.0
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: TTV, Finland
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion 2
    Cooling: Stock
    Power Supply: Antec 430W
    Remote: Logitech diNovo Mini / FireDTV Remote
    TV: Toshiba 46ZF355
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This has been a problem earlier but at least with RC2 + SVN 19936 this isn't happening anymore. The "too agressive deletion" is a bug though.

//johnzered

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the problem with SVN 19843.... So johnsered it is fixed in SVN after that?

I haven't seen it in the change log....

thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using svn 19936, i am seeing normal behaviour, as in recording midsomer murders atm, and it will let me play previous episodes, do not know if this may have been a issue in recent svn's as previously on RC2.

Regards

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    thanks, PD for the reply.
    My issue was the deletion problem - is that fixed as well?
    I had two recordings with the same name and one of them was currently recording, then I selected to remove the other recording what happened was that the show I selected was removed AND the recording stopped...

Is it possible for you to reproduce?
    :D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    pnyberg

Just for you, i deleted a previous episode of midsomer murders, which has a current recording taking place, again this has left other episodes untouched, as well as the recording.

As far as mantis goes, can see nothing there, same as you.

Just a thought, are the date\times being added to your recorded files correctly, just wondering if it could be a database screwup, would have thought a lot more people would be seeing a issue like this.

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi all,

I have noticed a similar problem - but haven't really got around to fully testing what is going on. Mostly, I just noticed that when I went back to watch recordings sometimes, they would not play - then when I checked the reference to the filename in the database, the file was no longer on the hard-drive (but, obviously, the item still showed up on the Recorded TV page). I also have recordings spread across two different directories (for each tuner card), so this may explain why it doesn't happen to all multi-episode recordings that I have.

Now there's 3 posts I've on the subject:

- this one
    - this one
    (and this current one)

which don't particularly have a resolution in them, however the block of code that blaudden (presumably still a part of the current SVN) posted is fairly definitive in what it does. Does anyone know for sure if blaudden's patch has made it into the codebase, or if a similar fix has been implemented?

I will do some more testing on this, but that won't happen until the Olympics are over ... can't rock the boat at the moment! Also, I picked up an external drive on the weekend, so I'll need to archive all the recordings off to that first, before I go testing deletions.

Cheers,
    Craig

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have the problem with SVN 19843.... So johnsered it is fixed in SVN after that?

I haven't seen it in the change log....

thanks.

Gibman has done a lot of work on this during the past weeks...I don't know exactly when this issue disappeared but I remember I have had it sometimes before. Also I don't think this was the cause for the rework, I suppose it was just solved when fixing something else.

The problem with deleteing as described here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc2-svn-builds-280/recording-deletion-too-agressive-43802/ is still a remaining bug. But this only occurs when you have several recordings with same channel/name on the same day. Because then the *.ts/*.xml files are named with _Nr in the end and when you delete one of these inside mp then all of them will be deleted from your harddrive but in the ui in mp only the one you selected to delete will be deleted. So I suppose it deletes correctly from the database but not from the hdd.

//johnzered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom