Red Bar in DivX Movie (1 Viewer)

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
hi folks!

i have a lazy problem playing some divx movies. some movies in my collection have the following video, the audio is playing fine:

View attachment 5151

as í said, most of divx files are playing well, but some of them have this problem. they have all the same version of codec, same audio codec. i dont find any differences. i have already rewritten the file with virtual dub, but no luck!! renamed, different file-extension (divx, avi) no luck!!
all files are working in wmp!!!!!!

pleasy help!

thx!

Mario

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.20
MediaPortal Skin: mepo
Windows Version: xp sp2
CPU Type: intep p4
HDD: 250
Memory: 768
Motherboard: asus
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nvidia 6200
Video Card Driver: newest 7.2.2007
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
Correct no idea,

Any codec packs installed.

What does FFDShow (if installed) . if not download and test at http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/

hi!

thx for your answer! i installed ffdshow and it worked now! but i have another problem regarding ffdshow: the videos are upside down now :mad: :mad: !? what is wrong with the configuration?

the only ive done is to add mediaportal.exe to the "allowed applications" in ffdshow configuration. if i delete the entry it worked again, but then i have the red strips.

please help me!

Mario

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Driver for Nvidia card a bit suspect ie 7.2.2007

as mine which is 93.71 and shows 6.14.10.9371 or is that the date installed.

Why is my video upside down?
    If the video image is upside down, try increasing the video hardware acceleration. There are two video hardware acceleration settings—one in the Player, and one in the Windows operating system. You must change both settings.

To change the setting in the Player, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Performance tab. Move the Video acceleration slider to Full.

To change the setting in Windows, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Display, click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab. Move the Hardware acceleration slider to Full.

That was taken from M$ website, Nvidia itself has the ability to flip video, also some makes of pc manufacturer have a shortcut key that causes video to play upside down.

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Isn't there also an option in ffdshow that allows you to flip the video?

my driver version is 93.71. the problem is, that it dosn't affect regularly. if i play a video it's upside down, if i stop the video and start the same again, its ok then. if i start the next file, this is upside down, if i stop it and start it again, its ok! :( :(

any ideas?? what can i check?

thx a lot!

Mario

McChots

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2006
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    If its happening randomly then it is probably caused by the hardware acceleration like Paranoid Delusion said.

Your best bet would be to try changing some settings and see where that gets you.

But remember what settings you change, the worst thing is messing it up further and not knowing what you did to get there :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom