Red Blue Green Yellow buttons not remapping? (1 Viewer)

zlittell

Portal Member
July 13, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: RC6
MediaPortal Skin: xface
Windows Version: windows 7 64bit
Remote: xbox 360 mce
TV: toshiba 42" lcd
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi->hdmi

i have two seperate remotes. One I plan on using and one I do not and this works on neither. I want to use the yellow, blue, green, and red buttons on my remote to launch things like TVSeries, MY Videos, etc. I have shortcuter working correctly and can bounce into these windows using my ctrl+shift+ keys. I have also set up intelliremote to forward the buttons to those keystrokes but when i press the yellow and red whatever screen I am on just refreshes and blue and green do nothing.

I would really like to get this to work! Has anyone remapped these buttons before? I feel like maybe they are already set to something in the mediaportal config but I did not find anything that seemed likely. And I have tried different shortcuts in shortcuter.

thank you,
zack

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Zack

By default if setup as ms remote in MP config, these buttons do the following.

Red switches to fullscreen.
    Green changes audio (if available).
    Yellow switches to teletext (Europe\Asia)
    Blue cycles through enabled zoom modes.

To change there behaviour you need to map the remote buttons to their respective colours, rather than a action, example in pictures, one with action and one with button colour, I would try and keep red and blue at there default, just too usefull.

sshot-14.jpg sshot-15.jpg

zlittell

Portal Member
    July 13, 2010
    Home Country
    i tried what you said... and its still not working

im getting the same behavior. which is a shame cause that sounded like exactly what was wrong.

i included a picture of my setup in the mapping options

Attachments

• trial.jpg
      trial.jpg
      374.1 KB

zlittell

Portal Member
    July 13, 2010
    Home Country
    hmmmm seems as though even if i set intelliremote to make that button shift T and try it in notepad it doesn't word i might try installing IRSS again

hmmm got it working by cutting out the modifiers. apparantly shortcuter or MP or something in the line has a hard time accepting modifiers when triggered by the remote.

MPTV-Series loads up and goes back to the home everytime though so i need to figure out why thats happening.

EDIT:

ALRIGHT I GOT IT
    I had to disable the automatic handling of buttons which isn't really ideal but its working so hey
    my only question is this: By disabling this feature i lose all my standard preset buttons. How should I go about remapping this back to what they are?

NVM got it all worked out using translator

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom