[solved] Regarding the DPI Scaling and MePo 2 image quality.. (1 Viewer)

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
One of the few things that drove me insane with my switch to MP2 was the different picture and text quality (even from skin) for fanart and thumbs on my "living room" system compared to my Desktop PC.
The images were fuzzy, sometimes pixelated or even blurred compared to the crispier versions on my desktop pc.

I realized the only difference between the two system (hardware aside) was the DPI scaling, set to 150% on my plasma compared to my desktop. I forced the application to override high DPI scaling on my living room and now picture and text quality is so much better. This did NOT affect video quality, only interface.

Can anyone else confirm my findings? I think it should be suggested on the wiki. Starting from Windows 10 Creators Update, it's possible to override DPI scaling by application by going to Shortcut properties -> compatibility and check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by Application"

Screenshot above:
DPI Scaling.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
Replies
Views
That is a really good tip, I had not realised that the audio only sections in MP would trigger the Win. screensaver so many many thanks for that, I have tried it and it seems to work just fine(y) Thanks again Joe
That is a really good tip, I had not realised that the audio only sections in MP would trigger the Win. screensaver so many many...
Yes, it's time for this year's thread about avoiding screen burn. But first, the preliminaries: it is usually claimed that LCD...
Replies
Views
Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV. How can I provide you the Backup file ?
Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed...
Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
Replies
Views
I downloaded MXF video Converter free trial version last week, and I converted many MXF videos for playing on QuickTime. This software is good at converting any HD MXF, MTS, TOD, MP4 to MOV videos. With this perfect MXF to AVI converter software, you can convert MXF to H.264 MOV for QuickTime, convert MXF to AIC MOV for editing in...
I downloaded MXF video Converter free trial version last week, and I converted many MXF videos for playing on QuickTime. This...
"Hey Gurus, so I've been scouring the web searching for ways to play Blu-Ray discs on my HTPC. Here's the problem - I bought the...
Replies
Views
axiaose
A
Not that I know of...
Not that I know of...
GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom