1.30.0 Release naming discussions (3 Viewers)

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    My goodness, MP now becoming political activists? Next revision will be called "Yemen" I presume?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, the team deeply discussed the naming of this release with regard to political statements/opinions, but we found that this naming is quite justified with respect to the impact of this war...
    BTW: We were aware that this naming might unfortunately not be tolerated by every user...

Last edited:

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Well, the team deeply discussed the naming of this release with regard to political statements/opinions, but we found that this naming is quite justified with respect to the impact of this war...
    BTW: We were aware that this naming might unfortunately not be tolerated by every user...
    I hope people with the Russian nationality will be banned from using the software as well? You have to consistently follow the narrative.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My goodness, MP now becoming political activists? Next revision will be called "Yemen" I presume?
    Whataboutism.
    Take a look who mainly provided this release and where @ajs is located. You might discover something important (at least for us) ...

I hope people with the Russian nationality will be banned from using the software as well? You have to consistently follow the narrative.
    that doesn`t make any sense as no one is banning anyone from anything here.

Last edited:

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Whataboutism.
    Take a look who mainly provided this release and where @ajs is located. You might discover something important (at least for us) ...

that doesn`t make any sense.
    at least we agree on something
    https://abcnews .go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/munich-fires-russian-conductor-gergiev-supporting-putin-83174620
    https://www .bqprime.com/gadfly/ukraine-war-cancel-culture-banning-tchaikovsky-won-t-stop-putin

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    My goodness, MP now becoming political activists?
    War is not politics. This release, in support of peace and freedom. There are no limits to it, for anyone.
    https://abcnews .go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/munich-fires-russian-conductor-gergiev-supporting-putin-83174620
    Everyone has his own way, he chose his own way.
    https://www .bqprime.com/gadfly/ukraine-war-cancel-culture-banning-tchaikovsky-won-t-stop-putin
    There's nothing wrong with that, either, as modern children don't learn anything about this composer for a long time. And there are no bans on listening to him at home, on the road, etc. Whoever wants to listen to him will listen to him. But he won't hear him on TV or in the theater, but he's not in theaters or on TV anyway.

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    War is not politics. This release, in support of peace and freedom. There are no limits to it, for anyone.

Everyone has his own way, he chose his own way.

There's nothing wrong with that, either, as modern children don't learn anything about this composer for a long time. And there are no bans on listening to him at home, on the road, etc. Whoever wants to listen to him will listen to him. But he won't hear him on TV or in the theater, but he's not in theaters or on TV anyway.
    So you're saying this conductor resigned by his own choice and was not fired? The article is wrong?
    And if you think it is perfectly ok to ban music from a certain composer because of his nationality, even if they've been dead for over a hundred years... I can only shake my head.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So you're saying this conductor resigned by his own choice and was not fired? The article is wrong?
    He supported the war, he supported the killing of civilians. And he was fired because his position did not coincide with that of the company. It happened in Hollywood, too. That's the modern world.
    And if you think it is perfectly ok to ban music from a certain composer because of his nationality, even if they've been dead for over a hundred years... I can only shake my head.
    No one banned it, it was removed from the media. But it's nominal. Because he wasn't even there.
    Well, no one forbids listening to this composer, you can enjoy it as any other music at any time, as long as it does not disturb other people (boom box at full volume on the square, with any music can be asked to be turned off by an official).
    But we live in a democratic country, and everyone can make a petition on the President's site. If the petition gathers more than 25000 votes, the President will consider it and give an answer.
    The same way the ban will be reviewed after we win this war.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Pffff...
    This is thread I would not see in MP forum.
    That's why I posted "No politic in both cases".
    Then please, STOP with theses discuss, it's stupid.
    Please, give us infos if you like (or not) MP.
    Provide your feedbacks
    By this way, we could go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread