Release of StreamedMP Patch r1679 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    We have just released the next patch and this fixes various small issues and adds some new features. This patch is a roll-up of the previous two patched r1605 and r1638, a quick summary of changes in this patch are as follows:

* Recently Added support for MovingPictures on BasicHome screen.
    * Updated skin support support for MyExtensions2 plugin.
    * Native skin support support for File Explorer plugin.
    * Updated skin support support for Wikipedia plugin.
    * Latest My Lyrics plugin v1.5.1
    * Patch system enhancements including a splash screen during the restart phase.

This is patch available to download from the GUI or from Configuration.

Note: since this patch includes some binaries, the patch system will restart mediaportal during the patch process (all automated of course).

We have still not enabled auto regeneration of Basichome as there some issues we need to address first so Basichome will need to be manually regenerated to enable correct functioning of the Restart Button.

Thanks

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi,

The update has bugs. On the "now playing" screen : Normally you see in the left upper corner the cd you are playing, this is now gone and only shows black.
    If you go to the settings---->skin then u get error "missing or invalid file:" (no mention of what file is missing)

I use the fanart config for the skin. All default besides the "now playing"------>option to use default(edge fade).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi,

The update has bugs. On the "now playing" screen : Normally you see in the left upper corner the cd you are playing, this is now gone and only shows black.
    If you go to the settings---->skin then u get error "missing or invalid file:" (no mention of what file is missing)

I use the fanart config for the skin. All default besides the "now playing"------>option to use default(edge fade).

Gup, the patch didnt even touch any of the music now playing files...are you sure you havent been manually copying/removing files?

Attach your logs when you have something like this, as its anyones guess what's wrong.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi,

Hi Gup,

We have just checked this on our setups and can't see the same problem, the skin update did not include any files to patch the music or settings skin files.

Can you you please provide your error.log file

Thanks

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I attached all logs. Also your fake equlizer is gone on the now playing screen.

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I did some further testing.

Seems the problem is in MovingPictures. I use a modified version that has subtitles download in it.

Did some different installs :
    Installed 1553 version with movingpictures from the installer then updated to 1679. All oke and "settings-->skin" worked. Also the "now playing" is correct now.

Installed 1553 without movingpictures from the installer but with my modified one.All oke and "settings-->skin" worked. Also the "now playing" is correct now.

Updated that install with 1679 patch. I get the error in skin and the errors in "now playing".

But i don't understand what moving pictures has to do with "Now playing"

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I did some further testing.

Seems the problem is in MovingPictures. I use a modified version that has subtitles download in it.

Did some different installs :
    Installed 1553 version with movingpictures from the installer then updated to 1679. All oke and "settings-->skin" worked. Also the "now playing" is correct now.

Installed 1553 without movingpictures from the installer but with my modified one.All oke and "settings-->skin" worked. Also the "now playing" is correct now.

Updated that install with 1679 patch. I get the error in skin and the errors in "now playing".

But i don't understand what moving pictures has to do with "Now playing"

Hi,

Not 100% sure on this either but we do now link directly to a couple of MovingPictures .dll files - this could be a mismatch and could well be killing the config plugin and that that would explain most of this.

Can you supply the StreamedMPConfig.log please.

Also what version of MovingPictures are you using?

Thanks

MatthiasB

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    There is a bit of a display glitch under the info service options in the menu editor. If you select full details for either TV series or moving pictures then uncheck the enable box it will allow you to gain access to the summery options from the drop down menu. This can be a bit confusing as it seems that you can change how the full details will display in MP.

infoservice.jpg
    infoservice2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom