remembering subtitles (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    I watch quite a few 2-part foreign-language dvdrips with subtitles as external files (.sub, .srt, etc).

At present, MP changes from part 1 to part 2 of the Video seamlessly, which is great.

One feature it would be nice to see though, is it remembering that subs are being watched from the first part and to kick these in automatically for the second (and subsequent parts if present).

Currently seems to require the user to press the subtitle button when the next part of the movie kicks in.

It would also be handy if MP could remember that a movie uses subs and display them automatically at a second viewing.

Thanks for considering the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello @aspik, thanks for that screenshot! Now I finally understand where to enable 'ATSC Closed Captions' -- not in the right-click Player configuration menu > Subtitle but in Settings > Players > Video player > Subtitles. And yes by enabling the option there, ATSC subtitles are indeed being shown in my local OTA streams. Player...
    Hello @aspik, thanks for that screenshot! Now I finally understand where to enable 'ATSC Closed Captions' -- not in the...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2 Description From a previous bug report for MP 2.2.1 here: [fixed] - [MP2-611] Having problems with...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art as well as additional...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    So the news are that I dont know which file to change :) btw, refresh rate broken again :) thx for the work! @ajs
    So the news are that I dont know which file to change :) btw, refresh rate broken again :) thx for the work! @ajs
    Hi, MP1 (MP2 is not) is really great product, the best, even better than Kodi for my needs, but what would SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom