Remote Conflicts - Frustrating! (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Since a month or so ago when I started to update MP with newer SVN's I've been hit with the following problem;

Whilst pressing the volume button on my Pioneer VSX-D814 Amp's remote control, this causes MP to change channel! I use a Hauppauge silver 45-button remote with my HTPC (& this is what is selected in MP settings)...

Is there anything I can do to prevent this problem as it is unbelievably frustrating!

aes

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Hi

I have the same problem when listening to music it decides to search imdb as soon as i go to turn the volume up on my amp remote, i also have conflicts with my benq projector remote

Did you manage to get the problem sorted / any ideas??

Many thanks

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is likely due to similar/exactly the same remote codes for the two buttons that are conflicting.

I think the only way you'll get around this is to change one of the remotes. It would be cheaper to buy a new remote for your PC than to buy a new amp, so I suggest you try that.

Note: When I say "buy a new remote" I mean "buy a different remote system" ... for example, if you're using hauppauge 45-button, try getting a USB-UIRT and a universal remote, or and MCE remote setup ...

good luck,

aes

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    strange if they were the same codes etc wouldn't the amp also conflict with the pc remote?

do you know if i could block say just the codes from the pc that confict with volume buttons on my amp remote?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    They may not be identical, but close enough that the receiver on the pc see's them as being the same.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    but this only happened after an SVN update? Is it possible that MP became less picky?
    Have you tried turning off all other remote options? Make sure MCE Remote and all the others haven't been enabled by accident.

If you can pinpoint exactly which SVN started it then the devs can try to see what changed that day...

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is likely due to similar/exactly the same remote codes for the two buttons that are conflicting.

I think the only way you'll get around this is to change one of the remotes. It would be cheaper to buy a new remote for your PC than to buy a new amp, so I suggest you try that.

Note: When I say "buy a new remote" I mean "buy a different remote system" ... for example, if you're using hauppauge 45-button, try getting a USB-UIRT and a universal remote, or and MCE remote setup ...

good luck,

This is precisely what I've decided to do :). My USBUIRT is still on its way from the US so hopefully will be here soo :). Will I need Girder to use the USBUIRT & an AllInOne remote? Or has MP TV Server got native support for these? If so, how do I set it up?

torbjorn

Portal Member
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can confirm this problem with my Hauppauge 45b and my TV-remote but I can unfortunately not pinpoint when it first appeared. I got the problem after updating to 0.2.3 RC1 and my last installation ran with SVN:s from maybe two month before that.

My solution to the problem was to buy an Microsoft MCE remote that also has the possibility to wake up my PC from hibernation.

ctgoodman

Portal Member
    May 30, 2006
    Salisbury, NC, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi

I have the same problem when listening to music it decides to search imdb as soon as i go to turn the volume up on my amp remote, i also have conflicts with my benq projector remote

Did you manage to get the problem sorted / any ideas??

Many thanks

On mine when I hit the volume up and down on my TV remote Media Portal starts doing forward or reverse skips in the video I'm watching. Funny thing is the Hauppauge remote has no effect on the TV no matter what button I push....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom