Ongoing Remote control application of STB (1 Viewer)

exponent2

Portal Member
January 10, 2008
Vancouver
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have what is kind of an offbeat (but simple) requirement for recording TV. I have a FTA satellite receiver that has an attached USB drive that can be used to make recordings. unfortunately it has no PVR capabilities so one has to manually start and stop the recording of sat shows. Most of what I will record is HD and I would prefer to use the capabilities of the FTA box as the recordings are quite good. I need a PC based application that can as an example record to channel 101:

1) change the channel at start time. IR sends <1><0><1><OK>
2) IR sends <REC>
3) stop recording at end time. IR sends <STOP>.

It would nice if this could integrate with EPG and have one time and recurring scheduling. I already have the IR codes courtesy of WINLIRC so I am wondering if it is possible to get Mediaportal to do the above. In a nutshell it would just need to send via IR the number of the channel to bbe change to, the IR REC command and then end with an IR stop. I am thinking of purchasing a USB-UIRT for use and wonder if anyone can comment on whether I can do this with Mediaportal or not? If not any suggestions on what I could use would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom